Role: IT Support Technician
Company: DSG Group
Address: Unity House, Bird Hall Ln, Stockport SK3 0UX
Weekly hours worked: 37.5 Hours per week
Salary: £14,000 Per Annum
Please contact Tom Crossland on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
DSG Financial Services is an independent motor finance provider combining 25 years of trading experience and personal service with industry leading cutting-edge technology and product delivery. This creates a unique finance proposition for the UK franchised dealer sector.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Technician with DSG Group, a Motor Finance Provider based in Stockport.
You will be working in a collaborative IT team who are responsible for the delivery of IT services
to a growing workforce in one of the UK’s largest motor finance businesses. As an Apprentice IT
Support Technician, you will be delivering desktop support to users primarily at our Head Office
(but also other locations, usually remotely) and helping them overcome day to day IT issues to
ensure that we deliver an excellent service to our staff, partners and customers.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Supporting end-users day-to-day by managing our internal helpdesk system and resolving and escalating tickets
- Provisioning, repairing, and maintaining hardware (PCs, laptops, monitors, printers, etc)
- Recommending upgrades to or replacements of hardware as required
- Maintaining accurate asset (hardware/software) information
- Helping staff members of all positions to learn how best to use their IT resources
- Building, collapsing, and moving desks and workstations
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Experience of, or exposure to, user IT infrastructure: Windows environments (Windows 10), PC/laptop/printer/phones/peripheral hardware and networking component (routers/switches/access points) and Chromebooks
- Basic networking experience
- Strong IT problem-solving skills and a willingness to learn
- Understanding of security concepts such as the principle of least privilege and access control to ensure company & customer data remains secure
- With an enthusiasm for IT, you will have a confident and outgoing personality, able to communicate simply and effectively to all members of staff
- Articulate with good written and verbal communication skills, you are able to convey technical information to non-technical people
- Keen attention to detail
- Great organisational and communication skills.
- Hardworking and Proactive
- Keenness to learn and develop within the role.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communication Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com