The Thinking Traveller
Role: IT Apprentice
Company: The Thinking Traveller
Address: The Old Truman Brewery, 91-95 Brick Ln, London E1 6QL
Weekly hours worked: 9 AM – 5:30 PM, Mon-Fri
Please contact Darcy Greaves on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
From the spark of an idea atop an erupting Sicilian volcano, to being voted the World’s #1 Villa Rental Company five years in a row (2016-2020) by readers of Condé Nast Traveller: The Thinking Traveller in a nutshell. We’re a dynamic, company with a passion for travel, a thirst for life and a simple mission: to hear our clients say, “That was the best holiday we’ve ever had. We’ll be back.” Our vision is to be the world’s most desirable and most well-respected villa rental company. To achieve our vision, we are thoughtful, we work with integrity, and we take a principled, considerate, proactive and passionate approach to what we do. Every day.
We offer exclusive access to the most exceptional properties in Sicily, Puglia, the Ionian and the Sporades Islands, and Corsica, the smallest islet of Capria in the Tuscan archipelago and more recently Mallorca. We pride ourselves on our unrivalled local knowledge and our thoughtful personal service, and we promote a sustainable, eco-friendly approach to travel, investing in the economies of our destinations, participating in local conservation projects, and sponsoring cultural events.
Our team is a multi-national, multi-cultural and multi-talented group of professionals from all around the world. Between us, we speak over 20 languages (and several dialects) and we all share a passion for all things Mediterranean, an extra-mile approach to making things perfect, and a natural flair for high-end hospitality. When we’re not enjoying ourselves at work, we’re marathon runners, bakers, singers, cyclists, cooks, hikers, sailors, wine connoisseurs, dancers, kickboxers, fencers, actors, partners, mothers and fathers.
We offer a collaborative working culture where everyone’s opinion matters, a modern, spacious and comfortable office environment in the heart of Shoreditch, flexibility in how we work, opportunities to develop professionally within the company.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with The Thinking Traveller, a Tour Operator based in Brick Lane, London.
Reporting to the Head of IT and Development and working alongside the IT Coordinator your mission will be to provide technical support to all members of The Thinking Traveller. Predominantly working with the IT Coordinator, you will have an active role in the running, maintenance and upgrading of all things tech at The Thinking Traveller. You will be introduced as a 1st line support position, performing both technical and administrative tasks to ensure functionality and efficiency of technical and telecom systems. As a 1st line support, you will be the first point of contact for most technical issues and escalating tasks to the IT Coordinator where necessary.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Assist with troubleshooting, repairs and data restoration
- Assist with maintenance activities (e.g. backups, auditing, monitoring)
- Maintain licenses and upgrade schedules
- Fully commit to the 20% off-the-job training requirements of the post alongside your normal day-to-day job
- Complete a course of study and/or all learning and development requirements of the role
- Maintaining computer assets
- Respond to support request tickets and direct messages as required
- File completed tickets to a centralised knowledgebase for documentation handling
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- You should have a clear interest in pursuing a career in IT
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage your own workload and meet set SLA deadlines
- You will need to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated to learn new core system processes using a variety of administration platforms
- The ability to work as part of a team, whilst remaining self-motivated
- Be adaptable and flexible, in order to respond to fast changing situations at the workplace
- The ability to demonstrate a high degree of customer service
- You should have knowledge of IT systems and applications (Windows/MacOS)
- IT enthusiast
- Communication skills
- Willingness to learn
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Digital Marketer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com