Title: 1st Line Support Technician
Weekly Hours: Mon – Fri, 8:30am – 5:00pm
Salary: £13K-£15K DOE
Location: Prince William House, 3 Clifton Villas, Bradford, BD8 7BY
Please contact Tom Crossland on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
KS Services Ltd has been established for over 20 years in Bradford. We are an independently owned IT services company that operates through the Small to Medium and into the Enterprise market places.
We provide outsourced managed IT services to businesses all over Yorkshire and the UK. With over 150 service contracts in West Yorkshire, we cover multiple industry sectors including legal, manufacturing, logistics, insurance and education. We pride ourselves on the strong relationships we build with customers and the exceptional services we provide.
We are committed to delivering leading edge products, services and solutions to meet the current and future needs of our clients.
Brief Job Description:
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Technician to join KS Services’ growing support team.
We are looking for a motivated, capable and articulate Apprentice 1st Line Support Technician who will be part of a team providing managed services IT support to over 150 customers. You will be part of a team responsible for managing IT support calls from customers and providing proactive monitoring on IT equipment.
The role will be office based and you will be diagnosing issues and problems both over the phone and using remote management tools. As you gain in experience you will with PC issues, server and network problems, email issues, firewall and security problems. Most of support team of come through an apprenticeship and now hold senior positions in the business.
The role requires exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills and a willingness the learn. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company and develop your career.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Dealing with support calls, diagnosing a range of issues both over the phone and using remote management tools
- Performing call management and escalation of issues where necessary
- Ensuring SLA’s are achieved
- Working proactively to improve help desk processes
- Any other duties as required from you
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, able to work with people from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- High level of attention to detail.
- A hardworking, good team player.
- Good organisation/time management and ability to multitask.
- Solutions-oriented individual, showing initiative in dealing with problems and issues
- A full driving license and your own transport would be an advantage.
- Need to be enthusiastic, hardworking and self-motivated.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Desktop solutions
- A background in IT through school or college and an interest in IT Technology.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical IT training across a 13-15 month period before entering End Point Assessment. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Progress Management Coordinator who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Intro to IT Support
- Working in IT Support
- Stability & Resilience
- Testing & Problem Solving
- Intro to Networks
- Extended Networks
- Cloud Systems
Some of these modules may include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org