Obsidian Networks Ltd
Role: Apprentice IT Support Engineer
Company: Obsidian Networks Ltd
Address: Honeycomb West, Chester Business Park, Chester, CH4 9QH
Weekly hours worked: 8.30am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
Salary: £10,000 per annum
Please contact Lauren Fletcher on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Obsidian Networks Ltd provides Managed IT Support, Hosted Services, Cybersecurity Solutions, Cloud and Communication products and services. We work with businesses throughout the UK and across multiple sectors providing management and support.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice IT Support Engineer with Obsidian Networks Ltd a Manged IT Support, Hosted, Cloud and Communications Provider based in Chester.
You will be exposed and gain experience of a wide range of technologies throughout our client base, working directly with users providing support via email, telephone and our ticketing system.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Answering incoming queries via telephone and logging within CRM system
- Ensuring that all support calls and queries are dealt with in an efficient manner
- Updating CRM system and liaising with Support Desk Engineers to meet client expectations and SLA’s.
- Accurate and detailed recording of tickets
- Working to SLA timeframes
- Help with installation of new Software and Hardware
- Remote Support of client’s systems
- Some client site visits assisting other Engineers may be required
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Good organisation skills and attention to detail
Experience in a customer facing role an advantage
Passion for technology and keen to learn
Good written and verbal communication skills
Commitment to deliver outstanding customer service
Ability to work under pressure in a busy support desk environment
Strong work ethic
Ability to build and maintain relationships
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com