Title: IT Apprentice Workshop Technician
Weekly Hours: Mon – Fri, 8:30am – 5:00pm
Salary: £13K-£15K DOE
Location: Prince William House, 3 Clifton Villas, Bradford, BD8 7BY
Please contact Tom Crossland on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
KS Services Ltd has been established for over 20 years in Bradford. We are an independently owned IT services company that operates through the Small to Medium and into the Enterprise market places.
We provide outsourced managed IT services to businesses all over Yorkshire and the UK. With over 150 service contracts in West Yorkshire, we cover multiple industry sectors including legal, manufacturing, logistics, insurance and education. We pride ourselves on the strong relationships we build with customers and the exceptional services we provide.
We are committed to delivering leading edge products, services and solutions to meet the current and future needs of our clients.
Brief Job Description:
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity for an IT Workshop Technician to join KS Services’ growing workshop team.
To manage the IT workshop including setting up new PC’s and Laptops, loading Operating Systems and software, patching and updating machines, managing issues and problems with PC’s and Laptops printers etc. To assist the Installations team with projects such as Office 365 migrations, server migrations etc.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Building / configuring PC’s and laptops ready to go to client sites.
- Loading software in the workshop, patching and configuration of PCs and servers.
- Setting up new users in Active Directory / Office 365.
- Assistance with diagnosing PC and laptop issues.
- Assistance with looking at printer issues and problems.
- Management of calls in helpdesk system.
- Managing the timely resolution of open calls and call actions.
- Keeping the workshop tidy and organised.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Very organised and methodical worker.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Need to be enthusiastic, hardworking and self-motivated.
- Interest in IT and Technology.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to show initiative in difficult situations.
- Self-reliance and positive attitude.
- Knowledge of Office 365 and Office 365 migrations.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and server 2016 / 2019
- Knowledge of VPN’s and firewalls
- Good knowledge of desktop PC’s and Operating systems.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Solutions-oriented individual, showing initiative in dealing with problems and issues
- A full driving license and your own transport would be an advantage.
- A background in IT through school or college and an interest in IT Technology.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical IT training across a 13-15 month period before entering End Point Assessment. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Progress Management Coordinator who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Intro to IT Support
- Working in IT Support
- Stability & Resilience
- Testing & Problem Solving
- Intro to Networks
- Extended Networks
- Cloud Systems
Some of these modules may include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com