Role: Information Communication Technician
Company: IP Exchange
Address: Greystone House, Altrincham WA15 8HW
Weekly hours worked: 9am to 5.30pm
Salary: £13k per annum
Please contact Ciara Glynn on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
IPEX are an empowering business with seamless, fast and reliable telecommunications solutions. IPEX combine major telecoms experience with a dynamic, personal approach and are ready to create the perfect solution to drive your business forward, using 45 years’ experience in communications, sales and leadership.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Information Communications Technician with IP Exchange, a Telecommunications service provider in Altrincham, England
- Resolving 1st line customer support and technical requirements on
- Hosted Voice
- Broadband and Networking
- Mobile and MDM
- Managed Print
- Work toward resolving 2nd line problems, supported where required.
- NPS management
- Maintain and develop a detailed level of customer engagement and understanding.
- First Line Support for phone line, broadband and leased line faults – basic customer checks and liaison with suppliers
- First line checks for phone system outages
- Escalate to colleagues as required using the correct processes and procedures.
Hosted System Support
- Introduction and training on IPEX’s product range – 3cx, Callswitch, Horizon, 8×8, Akixi, Maas 360, Fanvil, Hikvision, Yealiink, Polycom
- User changes
- Phone system provisioning and set-up
- Preparation for new installations
- Introduction to the fundamentals of networking – WiFi, LANs, WANs, SBCs
- Draytek routers – provisioning and basic checks/first line support
- Learn additional products, Wireshark, Ubiquiti, Airmagnet, Tenda
- Pre-planning for customer installations
- Order and set up kit in advance
- Provision systems in advance
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Understanding of Microsoft Workstations and office packages
- Organisational skills to follow procedures and complete tasks within given time frames using incident management tools
- Ability to communicate technical information to the user estate with a genuine desire to assist the customer
- Be motivated to achieve outstanding levels of customer service in a team environment
- Change and innovation: looking for ways to improve what we do, engaging and adapting to change and being aware of and managing risk
- Delivering results: using and planning the resources you have responsibility for to ensure delivery of agreed plans and priorities.
- Problem solving: identifying, understanding, resolving and learning from problems.
- Accountability: taking responsibility for your actions and behaviour using feedback to learn and develop
- Teamwork: contributing to and supporting your team utilising individual and shared learning and development.
- Effective relationships: understanding how your behaviour affects others, showing trust, and collaborating positively.
- Two-way communication: understanding and listening to others whilst communicating effectively using appropriate channels
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org