Level 3 ICT Support Technician
ICT Support (Service Desk) Apprentice
26 Whitehall Rd, Leeds LS12 1BE
37.5 hours per week
£13,500-£23,500 per annum
Please contact email@example.com call 0113 500 333
About the company:
We are one of the largest national, regional and local multimedia organisations in the UK. We provide news and information services to our communities through our portfolio of hundreds of publications and websites. Our news brands – which include The Scotsman and The Yorkshire Post touch the lives of more than 32m people nationally each month, online and in print. Through our continued focus to accelerate our digital offering, we’re able to deliver national and regional advertisers a highly successful platform to link them directly with local audiences.
Brief job description:
Working closely with the Group’s Problem and Incident Management specialists to provide telephone and Desktop Support to computer users throughout Johnston Press plc.
- Working as part of a team to provide 24-hour customer support
- Manage the company’s Active Directory user and Google email accounts
- Provide support for the core business applications
- Administer the core business applications
- Use a combination of Telephone and remote management tools to resolve customer issues as quickly as possible to achieve SLA objectives
- GCSE in English and Maths at Grade C/4 or above
- Excellent telephone skills
- Good keyboard skills
- Microsoft Excel and Word
- Customer Service and Focus
- Listening and Verbal Communication
- Building Relationships and People Skills
- Organisational skills to schedule daily/monthly workload
- Problem Solving and Multi-tasking
- High attention to detail and ability to focus on the task at hand.
- Enthusiastic employee with ambition, strong work ethic and can work well in a team environment.
- Open to new ideas with the willingness to learn.
- Confident in the use of computers and technology.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to confidentially communicate with all levels of colleagues.
- Flexible approach to working a rotating Day/Night shift pattern
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical IT training across a 13-15 month period before entering End Point Assessment. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Progress Management Coordinator who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Intro to IT Support
- Working in IT Support
- Stability & Resilience
- Testing & Problem Solving
- Intro to Networks
- Extended Networks
- Cloud Systems
Some of these modules may include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org