NEC Software Solutions
Level 3 ICT Support Technician
ICT Support Apprentice
NEC Software Solutions
Venture House, 2 Arlington Square, Downshire Way, Bracknell RG12 1WA
37.5 hours per week
£17,500 DOE per annum
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 500 333
About the company:
NEC Software Solutions is headquartered in the UK and operates around the world. We employ more than 3,000 people in six countries, building software and services to get our customers better outcomes. We traded as Northgate Public Services until 1 July 2021 when we rebranded to align with our owners, NEC. Most of our subsidiary companies did too (APD Communications, i2N, EMIS Care and Charter Systems) but our service design agency still trades as Snook. We’ve been part of global tech company NEC Corporation since January 2018.
Brief job description:
An opportunity has arisen to join our Cyber Security and Technology team in Bracknell – a small team of engineers. Whilst we are looking specifically for an IT technician, the role will widen to cover all aspects of hardware / software support within NEC. They must respond to calls within specific timescales in line with SLA and, where practical to do so, resolve calls remotely. An ability to provide technical advice as well as a customer focused approach are essential.
- General audit of all equipment
- Changing of required toner cartridges
- Basic administration.
- Install and test software
- Basic hardware installation
- 1st line support
- GCSE in English and Maths at Grade C/4 or above
- Excellent telephone skills
- Good keyboard skills
- Microsoft Excel and Word
- Customer Service and Focus
- Listening and Verbal Communication
- Building Relationships and People Skills
- Organisational skills to schedule daily/monthly workload
- Problem Solving and Multi-tasking
High attention to detail and ability to focus on the task at hand.
- Enthusiastic employee with ambition, strong work ethic and can work well in a team environment.
- Open to new ideas with the willingness to learn.
- Confident in the use of computers and technology.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to confidentially communicate with all levels of colleagues.
Employees of NEC Software Solutions are entitled to the following benefits:
- Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday with the option to buy/ sell 5 days (during enrolment period)
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
- A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the UK. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks.
NEC Software Solutions is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical IT training across a 13-15 month period before entering End Point Assessment. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Progress Management Coordinator who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Intro to IT Support
- Working in IT Support
- Stability & Resilience
- Testing & Problem Solving
- Intro to Networks
- Extended Networks
- Cloud Systems
Some of these modules may include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com