Role: Apprentice DevOps Engineer
Company: Kurt Geiger
Address: 24 Britton St, London EC1M 5UA / WFH
Weekly hours worked: 37.5 Hours
Salary: £25k per annum
Please contact Tom Lindley on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 3558810
About the company:
Voted the UK’s coolest footwear brand by Vogue readers and currently Europe’s leading luxury shoe and accessory retailer we are looking for dynamic individuals who are as passionate about our business as we are. We work hard at Kurt Geiger because we love what we do and strive to be the best in our industry, through amazing people, beautiful product, innovative designs, and evolving store concepts.
At Kurt Geiger we celebrate individuality, believing our differences make us more powerful as a collective. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the core of who we are, and we strive to reflect this in every corner of our company culture, starting with the promotion of equal opportunities. Though prejudice prevails in our world, it is not welcome in our workplace, and ensuring the equity of all our people processes to recruit a diverse workforce remains paramount.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone is granted the opportunity to thrive as their authentic self.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an apprentice DevOps Engineer with Kurt Geiger a leading fashion brand based in Farringdon.
The successful candidate will become part of the engineering team, where cutting edge E-Commerce platforms are being designed, built and maintained. We are looking for someone who is comfortable with working as part of an engineering team to design and build scalable and reliable systems from the ground up. Day-to-day responsibilities will also include managing existing systems, fault-finding and fixing.
The bulk of the systems in E-Commerce are based on Linux and Amazon cloud technologies. The successful candidate will be working on these systems, both for the customer-facing e-commerce sites and to facilitate the rest of the engineering team in delivering their work.
The successful candidate will support:
● various systems backing up our services (Splunk, GoCD, etc.) as well as the infrastructure behind our websites and internal products
● 1st line of support as part of an on-call rota
● the team and wider organization in developing consistent designs and implementations
We are looking for motivated individuals that are interested in the technology and would like to continue to develop their engineering practices. This is an excellent role for someone who wants to work as part of a team, with the latest technology, to implement and manage large-scale e-commerce platforms. The individual needs to be able to work on high level problems with little supervision to completion. The individual can write code to meet organization standards in at least one high level programming language and commits to, and delivers on, completion of work to a prescribed schedule. Understanding of how network security works is essential, as well as being able to implement security changes (using nACLs, security groups etc.).
The following skills are essential for a successful candidate:
● good understanding of AWS, especially around common services (VPC, Route53, EC2, ECS, API gateway, Lambda)
● infrastructure as code (CloudFormation preferably)
● being able to write Chef cookbook and bash scripts (experience with Ansible or similar tools is also acceptable)
Experience working with Linux servers is essential. The candidate will need to be comfortable with Linux, able to configure services on the fly and find their way around Linux.
We are looking for someone who is able to ask questions and is curious how systems are designed and configured. The individual will need to be able to:
● articulate security requests in human and technical language
● positively reinforce security policies and procedures to staff in the wider organization
● routinely document decisions and implementations in accordance with existing organization standards
● articulate or visualize problems and solutions from multiple perspectives
● clearly communicate designs to other engineers in the department
● support the DevOps manager on work to reduce costs and consolidate infrastructure, as well as maintain security and standards and implement improvements
• 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
• Ability to multi-task whilst under pressure
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent customer service
• Demonstrate excellent problem solving skills and solution identification
• Ability to work on their own initiative with minimal supervision
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
• Competitive basic salary
• Pension and life assurance
• Enviable discounts
• And so much more!
If you’re successful, you will work for a business which recognises that amazing people are the key to driving our business forward and fulfil our vision of being the world’s leading multi-channel retailer of luxury branded shoes and accessories. We are a fast-paced business where no two days are the same, so you will need to be adaptable; but we will reward your hard-work, commitment and loyalty with a fantastic benefits package and very real opportunities for progression.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 DevOps Engineer Standard with training in areas such as:
• Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
• Cloud Platforms
• Infrastructure as code
• Databases- SQL and No-SQL
• Continuous Intergration
• Scripting and Automated Testing
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com