Dev Ops Apprentice
Job Title: Dev Ops Engineer Apprentice
Qualification: Level 4 DevOps Engineer
Full Address: 1st Floor, 1-3 Bury Street, Guildford, GU2 4AW
Weekly Hours Worked: 40hrs per week. Flexi-Time available too.
Salary: £18k per annum
Please contact Tom Lindley on email@example.com or call 01133500333
About the company:
MethodWorx is a software development and digital transformation agency that uses technology to give businesses a competitive edge. We provide enterprise software, CRM systems and front-end software to help our clients engage with their customers and make their business processes more efficient.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an apprentice Dev Ops Engineer with Methodworx, based in Guildford.
This exciting new role will involve:
- Maintenance of Azure Build and Deployment Pipelines (Classic, and YAML) across various technologies, including Web, Mobile App.
- Maintenance, Deployment and Proactive Monitoring of Azure Resources and infrastructure utilized by the deployed platforms.
- Maintain documentation of production systems, including Knowledge bases, How-To Guides
- Perform small change to production code, including Configuration, Bug Fixing, and Small Feature Requests
- Develop Scripts, Tools and Utilities for internal use to support the production applications better.
- Exposure to other cloud services such as AWS, GCP, Mongo Atlas, traditional hosting
- Work in an overlapping capacity between the Support Team and Development Team to ensure all Productionised code is highly available and defect-free.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Good practices and procedures
- Attention to detail
- Clear and regular communication
- Take ownership of their work and the role
- Initiative and willingness to learn
- Ability to Take Feedback
- Propensity to Take Action
Benefits of working at Methodworx:
- Quarterly Company Performance Bonus after 3 months. 5-10% of Salary. (Based on Targets hit by Company as a whole).
- 22 Days Holiday (Mandatory 3 days over Christmas due to Office closure), so 19 available during the year + Bank Holidays.
- Company Laptop/Monitors for Working from Home.
- After restrictions lifted, it’ll be 50% WFH, 50% office work.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 DevOps Engineer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Coding, Scripting and Automated Testing
- Cloud Platforms (including AWS and Azure)
- Source Control using Git
- Database selection and best-practice
- System Security
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org