Job Title: DevOps Apprentice
Qualification: Level 4 DevOps Engineer
Employer: Alcium Software
Full Address: Alcium House, 6b Churchill Way, Chapeltown, Sheffield S35 2PY
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 hours per week
Please contact Tom Crossland on Tom.Crossland@estio.co.uk or call 01133500333
About the company:
Alcium Software Limited is a software company specialising in the production and delivery of high quality software and web based solutions. Alcium have produced a number of market leading solutions both in the public and private sector, in addition to undertaking custom development work for clients in a wide variety of industries.
Alcium Software supply Evolutive, the market leading Client Relationship Management (CRM) system for Economic Development and Inward Investment bodies throughout the United Kingdom, as well as Agency Pilot, the UK’s market leading CRM Property Software solution.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a DevOps Engineer with Alcium Software, based in Sheffield.
Alcium Software have a new opportunity for motivated apprentice DevOps engineers who will be joining the team at a very exciting time of growth and transition. Alongside gaining the skills you need for your new job role, you’ll be studying towards gaining a Level 4 DevOps engineer apprenticeship qualification.
You’ll be supported by your line manager and the wider team at Alcium Software to help with our software releases and management. We are friendly, growing company offering the chance to grow and really develop your skills.
As an Apprentice DevOps Engineer, you’ll will be integral to our culture around DevOps, helping to support our diverse client base and products.
You will be focussed on:
• Automating processes around development
• Identifying appropriate technical solutions
• Building your knowledge around APIs
• Testing and release for continuous integration of new features
• Continuous delivery of a product
• A keen interest and passion in technology
• Technical skills with logical and creative thinking
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a good command of written and spoken English
• Strong attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
• A methodical and structured approach to problem solving
• The ability to troubleshoot issues
• 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
• Good practices and procedures
• Attention to detail
• Clear and regular communication
• Take ownership of their work and the role
• Initiative and willingness to learn
• Ability to Take Feedback
• Propensity to Take Action
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt. Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 DevOps Engineer Standard with training in areas such as:
• Coding, Scripting and Automated Testing
• Cloud Platforms (including AWS and Azure)
• Source Control using Git
• Database selection and best-practice
• System Security
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to Tom.Crossland@estio.co.uk