Level 4 DevOps Engineer
Title: Apprentice Dev Ops Engineer
Telecom House, 125-135 Preston Road, Brighton BN1 6AF
£19,000 – £25,000 DOE
Please contact Tom on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the Company:
For over a decade, Crunch have been helping members of the self-employed community just like you manage your accounts simply and effectively. By taking the pain out of doing the books, you’re free to follow your heart, do what you love, and live life to the max.
We’ll support you in your quest for independence, give you the tools you need to make brave (but never foolhardy) choices, and help you set the pace for your business and life.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice DevOps Engineer with Crunch an Accounting business in Brighton.
The Apprentice is employed full time by Crunch on a minimum two year fixed term contract including the time required for the End Point Assessment. The Apprentice combines ‘on the job’ learning with either day release or block release virtual training by the designated training provider. Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, our intention is to employ the Apprentice on a permanent basis as a full time Associate Site Reliability Engineer/DevOps Engineer.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Work as part of the Synergy Team to continually shape and develop the Crunch Strategic Platform, learning from the knowledge of Crunch technical experts across the Engineering teams.
- Help to troubleshoot incidents and issues and maintain a reliable platform for the continuous deployment software release process.
- Learn all aspects of Crunch IT systems required to support day to day operational activities, including the Linux operating system.
- Support engineering best practice for services running in Kubernetes.
- Meet with your mentor, line manager and training provider point of contact on a regular basis to discuss training and development needs, gauge progress and any additional support requirements.
- Undertake a structured development programme, meeting the standards set that lead to a recognised Level 4 DevOps Engineer Apprenticeship qualification.
- Actively participate in your development plan, complete all Apprenticeship training provider projects and assignments to the required standard and within agreed timescales, as outlined in the training schedule as part of the Apprenticeship Commitment Statement.
- Work on a number of transformational projects in the Engineering and IT Support teams and in particular the Synergy team.
- Proactively maintain levels of regular and ongoing personal development and highlight network or security best practice that Crunch could adopt.
- Promote the benefits of apprenticeships internally and externally, including the writing of social posts and blogs, sharing experience gained at Crunch with peers on the Apprenticeship studied and with apprentices on other programmes at Crunch.
- Support the testing and delivery of the Crunch Business Continuity Plan.
- With the required knowledge, work as part of a team to support with agreed out of hours working for planned infrastructure maintenance, or when an unforeseen issue arises which results in significant disruption to the business, initiating the Crunch Crisis Management Strategy.
- Numerate – demonstrated by GCSE Mathematics (or equivalent) at grade C (or equivalent) or above
- Literate – demonstrated by GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade C (or equivalent) or above
- Be able to demonstrate a passion for IT
To be eligible for the Apprenticeship, you need to:
- Have the right to live and work in the UK.
- Spend 20% of your working time on learning activities plus additional time as agreed by Crunch.
- Have already attained a minimum of five GCSEs or equivalent qualifications including Maths and English Language at Grade C/4 or above.
- Be passionate about IT, digital, data and technology and developing new skills, in particular a curiosity and eagerness to learn more about Cloud, Platform engineering and site reliability.
- Possess demonstrable advanced IT literacy skills.
Reward & Benefits
- Fully funded training
- 25 days holiday per year, with the option to buy/sell additional days
- Pension scheme
- Car lease and share schemes
- Pick and mix benefits package
- Wide variety of development and training opportunities.
- An ability and desire to learn new skills quickly.
- Genuine passion for technology
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 DevOps Engineer, with training in how to:
- Write scripts and coding to meet your business’ needs.
- Develop and deploy software and cloud infrastructure.
- Build and operate a Continuous Integration (CI) capability.
- Implement and improve release automation and orchestration.
- Use security tools and techniques for software development.
- Evolve and define IT architecture.
- Follow test driven development and ensure appropriate coverage.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/devops-engineer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com