Level 3 Data Technician
Title: Apprentice Data Technician
Company: Markerstudy Group
Full Address: Kingston Crescent, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO2 8QL
Salary: 20k Per annum
Please contact email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Markerstudy Insurance Services Limited (MISL) is the Underwriting Division of the Markerstudy Group. With a strong presence in the UK motor insurance market, we specialise in niche motor cover, where our solid market knowledge and experience enables us to create highly targeted products for sectors such as: young drivers, high performance/high value cars, Japanese imports, kit cars, unusual occupations, accident/conviction records, taxis and driving schools – to name but a few. Our success is underpinned by our underwriting strategy to identify and apply special risk factors to the customers’ advantage. That, and our skilled underwriting technicians who are friendly, accessible and empowered to make decisions. MICL only transacts business through professional UK insurance intermediaries and we take pride in fostering excellent working relationships. Our products feature prominently on Aggregators’ sites, such as Confused.com, Go Compare and Compare the Market, via our broker partners.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice Data Technician with Markerstudy Group, an insurance group based nationally.
The data technician will assist in the extraction and analysis of MI for Retail and Affinity on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Provide MI on core business via written procedures and ad-hoc queries via SQL programming.
- Manual collation of information from a Varity of sources to run mi tasks and presentation of that to agreed standards.
- Provide key figures for internal customers on a daily/weekly/monthly basis by ensuring following Due Diligence to ensure the accuracy of reported data.
- Reporting any issues if they arise and de-bugging or reporting them to more senior developers for correction if applicable.
- Assist other team members in day to day activities as required
- Play a key part within the team on researching and recommending the best tools available to do the job on a continuous improvement cycle
- Understand, promote and adhere to Markerstudy Group Fraud policy and departmental procedures across the business, including the need for awareness through training to ensure the organisation is proactive in fraud risk management.
- Other ad hoc duties as required by management
- Be aware of and familiar with the Company’s Treating Customers Fairly initiatives and embed these into your daily working activities.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
A good working knowledge of Excel is essential and a working knowledge of SQL would be advantageous as some understanding of SQL code will be required in the event of debugging errors. Also, A working knowledge of Power BI as a proposed presentation tool/
- A natural planner – fail to plan, plan to fail
- Good organisational skills.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Data Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Data Theory
- Excel Data Fundamentals
- Power BI Fundamentals
- Database and SQL Foundation
- SQL in Practice
- Specialism (Excel, R or Python)
- Statistics & Data Analysis Tools
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org