Role: Apprentice Data Engineer
Company: Jet2 Plc
Address: Holiday House, Ingram Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11 9AW
Weekly hours worked: 40 hours per week
Salary: £16,000 per annum
X2 roles available
Please contact Tom Lindley on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
Please submit application via; https://www.jet2careers.com/career-search?id=1816524
As the UK’s second-largest holiday operator, Jet2holidays’ ATOL-protected package holidays and city breaks are more popular than ever! Over five million happy holidaymakers have enjoyed our 1,000s of 2 to 5-star hotels, along with return flights, transfers and a huge 22kg baggage allowance. At Jet2holidays, we’re all about great value AND great choice. We bring you over 60 sun and city holiday destinations across Europe, the Mediterranean, the Canaries and beyond.
Jet2.com is the UK’s third largest airline, flying from ten UK airports to more than 60 destinations across Europe and beyond. Since our first flight in 2003, we’ve grown our fleet and taken delivery of 34 brand-new Boeing 737-800NG aircraft. We’ve also sold more than 96 million seats! What’s more, we offer low cost flights with high class service – this is just part of the reason why we’ve won so many awards over the years!
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice Data Engineer with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, an Aviation based in Leeds.
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays are looking for two Apprentice Data Engineers to join our close-knit development community across our Leeds and Sheffield city centre locations. You will be enrolled on to the Data Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship through our Ofsted registered training provider, where you will combine high-quality classroom training with online learning, coaching and on-the-job experience to develop real world skills.
This is a great route into a fantastic career where you can learn many of the industry’s most in-demand skills and play a key role in analysing and creatively visualising data supporting a key decision making across a variety of business areas ranging from finance to revenue to operations. Our friendly and approachable colleagues will support your career growth while sharing the same team goals, giving you the opportunity to learn on the job and reinforce your skills while sharing in your team’s success.
Our business has been consistently growing year-on-year and your role is to ensure that our systems handle the increase in customers while the features, performance and usability continue to improve, enabling Jet2.com and Jet2holidays to stay ahead in the market.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Delivering innovative, creative data visualisation across the business
- Supporting data visualisation adoption, training, and best practice
- Organising and managing day-to-day tasks effectively and efficiently
- Helping and supporting the rest of the team
Personal Qualities Desired:
- You love solving technical challenges and can demonstrate creativity
- A focus on growing your knowledge and making yourself even more skilful
- Keen to share your passion and enthusiasm for the job with your colleagues
- Enthusiastic, with demonstrable keenness on a career in data and\or visualisation of data
- Articulate and presentable
- GCSE Maths & English (or equivalent) at grade A-C/9-4
- Excellent IT skills, preferably at GCSE level (or equivalent) or above
- You must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level in a similar subject
This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting forward-thinking business. We operate scheduled leisure flights to holiday destinations in the Mediterranean, the Canary Islands and to European Leisure Cities from our 10 UK bases.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Data Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Data Theory
- Excel Data Fundamentals
- Power BI Fundamentals
- Database and SQL Foundation
- SQL in Practice
- Specialism (Excel, R or Python)
- Statistics & Data Analysis Tools
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org