Job Title: Business Intelligence Analyst
Employer: Covea Insurance
Full Address: A+B Mills, Dean Clough, Halifax HX3 5AX
Salary: £15,000 Per Annum
Please contact Tom Lindley on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Covea provide insurance cover for customers via insurance brokers, intermediaries, and direct distribution channels. Currently employing around 2,000 talented people across our 8 offices throughout the UK, we’re perfectly placed with the knowledge and expertise to look after a diverse range of insurance needs.
Our purpose is to “help protect people against the worst happening and put it right if it does”. It’s the reason we are here, and it’s the task we should focus on every day. If we can get it right – as individuals, as businesses and as an industry – not only will we be more successful, we will have the satisfaction of having made a real difference.
Covéa Insurance are on the hunt for a budding apprentice to join our Finance Team. If you’re interested in starting your career in an Insurance Company, this is the perfect opportunity for you! This role starts with building and analysing reports for a variety of business customers and builds the foundations you need for a career in data.
You don’t need to come from an insurance background. We have a fantastic Learning & Development team who will teach you everything you need to know and a leadership team who will support and empower you to continue to learn and grow throughout your career. We’re looking for individuals who are curious about how business processes are reflected in the data we see and can solve the puzzles that we are given by the business.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of Business Intelligence by working with key business areas
- Work with other squad members to understand the data requirements and drive out the best solutions
- Develop, test and deploy timely and accurate Reporting Solutions
- Implementing and maintaining the Covéa BI tool suite including BI applications, dashboards and models.
- Support the users with the adoption of self-serve Reporting solutions and supporting the definition and interpretation of dashboards, actively seeking solutions and improvements to drive efficiency and self-serve reporting.
- Use experience and knowledge to pull together new data sets using all available sources of data that support the insight and value driven strategy within the team, working closely with the insight analysts.
- Keep up to date with BI trends and new tools / capabilities that could improve our service and offering.
- Work closely with other Analytical teams to provide support, share insight on initiatives and improve their processes.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- A passion for maths, numbers, and all things data
- Highly motivated and driven with the desire to learn and develop
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work on multiple computer systems, ensuring all information is accurate and up to date
- Able to prioritise workloads and meet targets and deadlines
- First class interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with a wide range of people, both verbally and written
Within the Pricing team there are specialisations available in data science, market pricing or rates implementation. A typical career path would progress to become a senior analyst (taking responsibility for managing the workload and development of other analysts), and then pricing manager. Sideways moves to other areas of the business would also be possible.
What’s on offer?
- Data Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship – Virtual delivery and support throughout the 24 month programme.
- 25 working hours per week with flexitime
- Annual pay review and performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Lots of fun activities, initiatives and celebrations such as; awards nights, Christmas parties, team lunches, quiz nights
- A supportive leadership team and one to one time with your manager each month to discuss your personal development, what you’ve achieved and any support you might be needing
- Lots of support for your mental wellbeing through Covea Minds, who provide Mental Health First Aiders and an Employee Assistance Programme where employees can access additional support such as counselling
- One volunteering day a year to support a charity close to your heart
- Excellent staff pension scheme
- Health benefits such as free eye tests, flu jabs and the option to opt into private medical insurance
- Additional benefits such as discounted gym memberships, cycle to work schemes and discounts at lots of retailers
Please note, due to Covid-19, we currently plan to deliver the training virtually so successful candidates will need to be comfortable learning remotely. You may also be required to work remotely once training is completed but will need to be in commutable distance to the office.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Data Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Data Theory
- Excel Data Fundamentals
- Power BI Fundamentals
- Database and SQL Foundation
- SQL in Practice
- Specialism (Excel, R or Python)
- Statistics & Data Analysis Tools
Some of these modules may include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com