Level 4 Data Analyst
Company – Brothers Cider
Full Address – Mill Kilver Street Shepton Mallet Somerset BA4 5ND (With some remote)
Weekly Hours Worked – Monday – Friday Full time 37.5 hours a week
Salary – Meets ‘living wage’ for the age of the apprentice
Please contact Jody on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Brothers Drinks Co. Limited was started in 1992 by four Showering brothers whose family have been making perry in Somerset since 1658 and whose grandparents enjoyed great success with Babycham from the 1950s. It is based in Shepton Mallet, Somerset and employs over 200 people. In 1995 Michael Eavis offered the Brothers space for a bar at the Glastonbury Festival, near the Jazz World Stage, but with sales restricted to Perry based drinks.
For the next 10 years the Brothers Bar became increasingly popular so that by 2005 Brothers Cider was ready to be launched into the on and off trade for the first time. It is now :
- A curious range of fruit ciders including
- Toffee Apple, Rhubarb & Custard, Marshmallow, Strawberry & Lime
- Strawberries & Cream, Pink Grapefruit, Honeycomb, Wild Fruit and more.
- The sixth largest cider company in the UK Off Trade Multiple Grocers
- One of the fastest growing cider brands in the market.
- The third largest media investor in the cider market.
- Worth over £35m at retail. Brothers Drinks are also a leading supplier of contract manufacturing and bottling services, with annual output of 140 million bottles and with over 1.5 billion bottles produced over the last 15 years.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Data Analyst apprentice with an award winning Cider business based in Shepton Mallet, Somerset.
To maintain, support & develop Brothers Drinks reporting capabilities with a principal focus on Microsoft Power BI. The role will focus on converting business data into user friendly, storytelling reports & dashboards. Drive adoption of the reporting platform within all departments.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Be the Power BI go-to person, train colleagues as required and with time, become the Power BI administrator.
- Produce and enhance reporting and dashboards as and when required
- Efficiently handle large sets of data and be able to confidently process them into required formats.
- Actively participate in our culture of continuous development and innovation by contributing ideas for new features and functionalities
- Involvement in analytical projects and deep dives as required
- Training end users on new reports and dashboards
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Assist business to resolve any integrity issues and correct in a timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively both with the business and with external vendors
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Basic understanding ERP systems preferably D365
- Some understanding of Power Bi would be desirable
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Customer focused, ability to work under pressure
- Ability to follow and work within documented processes
- 28 days annual leave per annum inclusive of annual leave (annual leave year 1st Feb to 31st January)
- Free on site parking
- Staff shop
- Inclusion in annual production bonus – even as an apprentice
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Data Analyst, with training in how to:
- Ascertain how data can be used to answer questions and solve problems.
- Gather, inspect, cleanse, transform and model data to identify patterns and trends.
- Present data and produce dashboards and reports to aid visualization and comparison.
- Use advanced theory and diverse techniques to harness greater understanding.
- Inform decision-making and make recommendations using an evidence-based approach.
- Ensure your business processes and procedures are compliant with data protection legislation.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/data-analyst
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org