Level 3 Data Technician
Data Analyst Apprentice
Dysons Chambers, 12-14 Briggate, Leeds, LS1 6ER
9am-5pm Monday – Friday
£14,942 – £16,215.49 per annum
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
At Yorkshire Housing we’re really proud of our history. The Yorkshire Housing group was formed in 1999 and became Yorkshire Housing in 2008. Today we manage more than 18,000 affordable and social rent homes across 20 local authorities. We are a not-for-profit organisation, meaning all our earnings are re-invested into the services we provide.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Data Technician with Yorkshire Housing, a charitable housing association, based in Leeds.
The role involves learning and supporting the strategic work undertaken by the Homes and Places Team in collating, undertaking quality control and gathering reporting data to support the business in its use of resources. Data plays a key role in ensuring our customers have great homes to live in. The role will involve learning the data processes, supporting with data queries and contributing to business intelligence reporting. A key part of the role is in supporting the work in relation to ensuring the data quality provided is as accurate and high quality as possible. You will need to be an excellent communicator as you will be working within the business areas to deal and improve the data intelligence provided.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Supporting in inputting, gathering and checking the quality of data.
- Dealing and escalating with day to day BI enquiries.
- Supporting the collation of reports around business needs.
- Work within the business, to understand data needs and understand different business areas data.
- Supporting in providing up to date, relevant and accurate reports to the Executive Team, Directors and Heads of Service to enable effective performance management and decision making
- Support in ensuring the integrity of key data across the different source systems (specifically Customer and Asset Data)
- Support in data management and reporting solutions to improve the end user experience
- Be part of a team in supporting the shift to a data culture across the business area whereby all colleagues understand the importance of maintaining accurate data.
- Support in the Team and Commercial Manager review and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of data.
- Form positive close working relationships with the business area managers and on occasion Heads of Services and Directors to understand and support in the delivery of data needs.
- Work on ad-hoc data projects to meet business needs.
- Support in maintaining BI/data dash boards.
- Work with leadership team so that they understand their data and support in improving the data they use.
- Ensure apprentice miles stones are completed , including completion of study assessment and other goals
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Intermediate EXCEL skills
- 12 months experience working in IT or data role or
- Relevant academic qualification as A Level Maths with a minimum of Grade C (Grade4) and above or BTEC Extended Diploma in IT. (desirable)
- A keen eye for detail and analysis and presentation skills.
- Strong experience working as part of team.
- Committed to creating an agile and flexible working culture.
Knows what it takes to build trusting relationships with key stakeholders.
- Good time management
- Able to use own initiative
- Attention to detail
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Digital Marketer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Data Theory
- Excel Data Fundamentals
- Power BI Fundamentals
- Database and SQL Foundation
- SQL in Practice
- Specialism (Excel, R or Python)
- Statistics & Data Analysis Tools
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com