The Royal Borough of Kingston-Upon-Thames council
Title- Data Analyst Insight Apprentice
Company- The Royal Borough of Kingston-Upon-Thames council
Full Address- Guildhall 2, High Street, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU
Weekly Hours Worked- 37 hours per week. 2-year fixed term contract.
Salary- £20,367 pa
Please contact Tom Lindley on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333.
About the company:
Royal Borough of Kingston-Upon-Thames council fuses innovation, culture and heritage to deliver a unique destination experience for companies, workers, investors, residents and visitors alike. For centuries it has exceeded expectations as a place to do business, innovate, learn, shop and have fun. Today, it continues its journey with the delivery of a new phase of regeneration which will re-invent those core qualities to ensure it continues to be a first-choice destination.
Their STAR values highlight what they think is important and what sets them apart as a council. They are:
- Supportive of trying new ideas, with the courage to change direction
- Transparent and connected in all that we think, say and do
- Appreciative of each other, recognising and celebrating success
- Respectful of difference and valuing diversity
Their values and behaviours feature in everything they do – from recruitment, to learning and development, appraisals and much more. They support their vision and shape their culture.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Data Analyst Insight Apprentice with The Royal Borough of Kingston-Upon-Thames Council. The role of the Insight Apprentice, with training, is to collect, organise and study data to provide business insight. The apprentice will support the team by carrying out technical tasks that will aid them to change data into insight, enabling the Council to make evidence led decisions, assist with statutory returns to government, needs assessments and provide accessible statistics via the Kingston Data website.
The Insight & Data Team provides an information and data analytics function for the whole Council. Their local authority is passionate about evidence led service design and transformation and the team has a key role to play in that. The range of services accessing the team ensures that they have a varied, stimulating portfolio of projects. This will provide an ideal opportunity for an apprentice to work with a wide range of data and platforms across projects with different analytical needs.
The team performs a variety of tasks including specialist statutory functions for Adult Social Care, Children’s Services, Public Health and Community Safety. They also provide demographic and open data via the Kingston Data website, and data insight via needs assessments, data analysis, interpretation and visualisation.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Collect, download, organise and study data to provide business insight
- Data admin tasks in relation to the team projects including data cleansing, formatting, linking and uploading to a variety of databases
- Assist the team’s analysts across a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, dashboards, presentations, needs assessments, data returns, analytical reports and performance reporting
- Working with colleagues across the Council and in partner organisations to collect data and understand their data needs
- Creating data reports from both internal databases and publicly available data. This would include running database queries using scripted query languages
- Analysing data in a variety of ways including basic statistical analysis to identify trends and patterns and assist in the creation of visualisations such as dashboards and presentations
- Preparing and giving input into insight reports
- Investigating data requests
- Uploading data to the Kingston Data Website and assisting in its development
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Commitment to develop excellent IT skills on a variety of systems and analytic tools
- Data interpretation and presentation
- Ability to work independently, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Agility and adaptability
- Efficient communication – written and verbal
- Good teamwork and collaboration
- Positive & enthusiastic
- Committed to the work of the team & council
- Striving for continual improvement & development – both individual and for the team
- Thrives when working on a variety of tasks
- Inquiring and forward looking
- Demonstrate a commitment to studying towards and achieving a full apprenticeship
- Demonstrate punctuality
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level Data Analyst Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Power BI
- Data Analysis Concepts
- Data Analysis Tools
- Advanced Analytics, Theory & Methods
- Advanced Analytics, Technologies & Tools
- Python for Data Science (optional)
- Statistical Analysis Methods (Optional)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com