Tipton & Coseley Building Society
Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist
Apprentice Cyber Security Technologist
Tipton & Coseley Building Society
70 Owen Street, Tipton, West Midlands, DY4 8HG
37.5 hours per week
£16,000 per annum
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Tipton & Coseley Building Society was founded in 1901 as one of the first building societies in the UK. Today, we remain true to founding principles of mutuality and offer a range of savings accounts and innovative mortgage solutions to suit all financial needs.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Apprentice Cyber Security Technologist with Tipton & Coseley Building Society, a Financial Services company based in Tipton.
To work in our IT department, to research, assess, monitor and control cyber security and information security risks.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Complete system maintenance and health-checks
- Provide support and troubleshooting for colleagues using information security tools
- Discover vulnerabilities in systems through a combination of research and practical exploration.
- Analyse and evaluate security threats and hazards to systems, services, and processes.
- Research and investigate common attack techniques and recommend how to defend against them.
- Follow Society policies and standards for information and cyber security, and operate according to service level agreements
- Create Information Security plans for systems, projects or changes and assess the as-built system against those plans
- Control and administer the system for managing cryptographic keys
- Produce the Information Security dashboard
- Work independently, as part of a Society work group or collaboratively with suppliers to achieve the Society’s aims
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Personal skills and qualities:
- Educated to A-level or equivalent
- Able to analyse problems or opportunities then design and implement solutions
- Has an interest in cyber security
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with a professional and comfortable approach dealing with all colleagues
- Able to provide excellent customer service and to embrace the principles of Treating Customers Fairly and GREAT.
- Able to prioritise own workload and manage time in order to produce accurate and thorough work whilst working to deadlines.
- Excellent time-keeping and attendance
Be fully aware of the implications of the any regulatory requirements applicable to your role with regards to:
- The Anti-Bribery and Corruption Act;
- Money Laundering Act 2017;
- Data Protection Act 2018; and
- The Public Interest Disclosure Act 1998 (Whistleblowing).
You must keep up to date with phishing and other cyber security training and follow the advice in messages circulated by the Society on new risks as they emerge.
Be vigilant at all times to possible cyber security breaches and to report them to your Line Manager at the earliest possible time.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Cisco Cyber Security Essentials
- Network & Digital Communications Theory
- Cyber Security Introduction
- Security Technology Building Blocks
- Employment of Cryptography
- Security Case Development & Design Good Practice
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com