Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist
Queens Road, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 0LY
37.5 Hours Per Week
£16,000 Per Annum
Please contact Rachel on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
LGC is an international life sciences tools company, building leading positions in sustainably growing markets. It provides reference materials, genomics solutions and analytical testing products and services, based on its innovation and intellectual property. It works with customers in the pharmaceuticals, agricultural biotechnology, food, environment and sports sectors as well as with governments and academia to achieve excellence in investigative, diagnostic and measurement science.
LGC has sites across the globe including the UK, the US, Europe, China and Canada. LGC Group supports the development of clinical diagnostic kits, genomics-based therapeutics and drought-resistant crops with its genomics capabilities. It offers the most comprehensive range of reference materials available – in total over 100,000 products for analytical laboratories to choose from, ensuring safety of many every day and essential products. Its offering is underpinned by its heritage and expertise in regulation, accreditation and standard setting. It helps customers conform to international statutory and regulatory standards. Science is at the heart of all it does – for a safer world.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Cyber Security Apprentice with LGC, a Biotech Company based in Teddington.
The overall aim of this position is to help to protect LGC’s digital assets against cyber threats and to keep LGC data and services secure.
This role reports to the Cyber Security Risk Manager and will operate a number of key activities across the cyber security, risk and compliance department.
The role will encompass a wide range of responsibilities and security disciplines to provide the successful candidate with experience and knowledge to progress and grow their career.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Assist in managing LGC’s security estate and help deliver the cyber security strategy.
- Assist with Security Operations by owning incidents, conducting investigations and creating playbooks.
- Assist with security projects and providing guidance on security matters for other IT projects.
- Assist with information security related audits and third-party supplier audits, analysing results from third party security questionnaires and audits.
- Assist in driving of information security best practices by creating awareness of policies, procedures and standards.
- Assist with vulnerability management by conducting scans on LGC owned assets and reporting the findings to the relevant teams.
- Act as a of contact for identification of security incidents, reporting potential issues to the Cyber Security Operations Team.
- Work in collaboration with the wider IT team to ensure endpoints and systems are appropriately secured and hardened.
- Assist in generating metrics and reports for both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Help drive a positive security culture within LGC.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge by attending education opportunities such as conferences, seminars, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organisations opportunities to provide subject matter expertise and understand threat intelligence, challenges, solutions, and innovations.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- To demonstrate a keen interest in cyber security. A bonus would be to have relevant qualifications/certifications.
- Experience of working with Microsoft technologies within a corporate environment example Microsoft 365.
- To be inquisitive, a key attribute in cyber security.
- Detail focussed and ability to follow processes in a controlled environment.
- Good collaboration, relationship building and influencing skills.
- To work effectively under pressure in prioritising competing workloads.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and written.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist, with training in how to:
- Discover potential vulnerabilities, threats and hazards in your systems, services and processes.
- Develop security designs and configure, deploy and use appropriate cyber security technology to protect your business.
- Identify, analyse and develop security cases to defend against potential threats.
- Write program code or scripts to meet a given design requirement that improves your cyber security.
- Understand latest attack techniques and recommend ways to defend against them.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org