Alain Charles Publishing
Level 4 Software Developer
Alain Charles Publishing
University House, 11-13 Lower Grosvenor Pl, Westminster, London SW1W 0EX
£12,000 – £16,000 p/a depending on experience
Please contact Tom on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333About the company:
Alain Charles Publishing is a family-owned international publishing company specialising in business, industry and technology. We are very proud of our excellent reputation and magazine heritage. Our flagship title, African Review, has been running for over half a century. The world, however, does not stand still and today we also have an expanding portfolio of websites, newsletters, conferences and events designed to meet our clients’ changing media requirements.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Coding Apprentice with Alain Charles Publishing, a Publishing Company based in London.
Responsible for supporting, maintaining and developing the company’s databases/systems. As member of the IT department, the successful candidate will also action helpdesk tickets, support colleagues with hardware issues and participate in general IT projects.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Assisting with the queries with databases SQL issues and access databases.
- First line support on Helpdesk.
- Ensure back-ups are functional and maintain on and off site back-up.
- Ensure printers are correctly functioning.
- Desktops – first line support for Quark / QPS / Font System.
- Deploying of PCs.
- Health & Safety – workstation set-up.
- Maintain security, confidentiality of data.
- Maintain IT storage area.
- Maintain IT inventories / audit IT equipment.
- Remove all extraneous IT equipment to IT storage area.
- Regularly checking the anti-virus management system.
- Ordering IT supplies.
- Maintaining user profiles when they are full.
- Setting up video conferences for meetings.
- Regular contact with mobile phone providers e.g. calling up about queries and purchasing of mobile bolt on’s.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English and Maths)
- MYSQL and MariaDB
- VBA and MS SQL
- In depth knowledge of operating systems, Windows and Linux
- Good understanding of Networking, firewall security and communication technology
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Organised with a logical, methodical approach to work
- Able to take direction
- Strong team player with good communication skills
- ‘Can do’ ethos
- Works in a timely manner
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Software Developer, with training in how to:
- Create logical and maintainable codes for software development.
- Apply security best practice to the software solution throughout the software development life cycle.
- Apply appropriate recovery techniques to ensure the software solution being developed is not lost.
- Implement accurate and effective change control.
- Undertake unit testing of solutions, with appropriate levels of test code coverage, to identify and resolve issues.
- Apply suitable ‘bug fixes’ based on severity and priority.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/software-developer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com