MAIA Technology Limited
Title: Junior Business and Support Analyst
Company: MAIA Technology Limited
Full Address: Marble Arch House, 66 Seymour St, London W1H 5BT
Weekly Hours Worked: Monday to Friday 9am – 5:30pm
(Note that these are intended as a guideline; at times it may be required for staff to work different patterns ie earlier start or later finish, however, no team member is required to work on average more than their contracted hours)
Please contact Tom Lindley on tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
MAIA Technology provides Front Office software to the Investment Management community. Founded in 2019, the company was spun out of a Hedge Fund with the objective of delivering its software to equivalent firms. MAIA is a team of 15 people based in Marble Arch, London.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Junior Business and Support Analyst with MAIA Technology, a company delivering Front Office software to Investment Managers based in Marble Arch, London.
As a Junior Business and Support Analyst, you will learn from the experienced team who support MAIA’s clients using our software. You will learn about the business of Investment Management and how it fits into the wider Financial Services industry. You will learn to use MAIA’s software tools and become an expert in configuring it to meet client needs.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Take ownership of problems, perform a diagnosis and fix issues
- You will work with product experts, and support them in the implementation of the software ensuring the requirements are understood, thought through and clearly documented
- Be comfortable following Agile principles, documenting User Storiesand acceptance criteria
- Supporting the experienced team in their day to day duties. Practically, this will mean participating in meetings (internal and external) and taking on actions in a supervised and unsupervised fashion.
- Participate in the scoping, requirements gathering, planning and delivery of software changes or projects, including articulating, understanding and documenting business requirements, compiling business cases and technical documentation as part of the handover to live operational teams.
- Work with internal technical and operational staff and 3rd party suppliers to achieve successful delivery and transition into live operations.
- Strive to ensure all SLA’s are met professionally and efficiently with a focus on customer service
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent grade C or above in academic subjects
Desirable Skills / Knowledge:
- 9 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Some level of SaaS knowledge, or ideally someone who has trained/worked in software development
- Ability to develop relationships with 3rd party suppliers and manage issues
- Ability to work with other support teams, suppliers and staff in UK
- Ability to prioritise and plan implementation of developments
- Understanding of technology projects including software Development
- Microsoft Office
- Agile (Scrum, Kanban) and traditional Project Management methodologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enthusiastic and driven with a desire to succeed and to help others to succeed
- Excellent team player
- Situationally aware – notice differences and issues as they arise, resolve quickly or escalate when appropriate
- A willingness to learn through independent study and listening to experienced personnel carrying out a similar role
- An interest in financial markets and economics
- An interest in technology (any type is fine)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Business Analyst Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Business Analysis Foundation
- Business Analysis Practice
- Business Analysis Process Modelling
- Business Analysis Requirements Engineering
- UAT and Data Modelling
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com