Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Apprentice IT Support Engineer
London Podium HS2 site, NW1 2DN
Please contact: Josh.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Spherica is an automation-first IT Managed Service business that has spent more than a decade providing mission-critical services across complex IT infrastructures, in both the public and private sector. Our mission is to help businesses achieve more through the power of technology.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an information Communication Technician with Spherica an Automated IT managed service Provider based in Birmingham.
You will be an integral part of a specialist technical team, responsible with support and supervision for delivering key elements of a managed support service. The role will provide an opportunity to learn and build on your technical skills and to obtain practical experience of innovative IT solutions and services.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- To get acquainted with the general structure of the Company and understand the way the business functions.
- Provide 1st line “deskside” technical support to customers on a variety of devices, systems and technologies, along with supporting the “Tech Hub” facility.
- Manage the incident and request queues for EUC, sharing workload amongst the team.
- Learn to create and maintain high quality technical documentation and provide accurate customer specific reports.
- Problem solving and manage workflow
- Perform various stock check requests as advised by senior’s requests
- Meet and greet our user base. Perform scheduled appointments and tasks
- Active Directory administration: create new user accounts, amend permissions, and reset network and applications passwords.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Good Communication Skills- Building good relationships is fundamental to the delivery of services.
- Organisational Skills- The ability to manage your own workload and to work to team and project deadlines.
- Teamwork and Cooperation- The ability to work flexibly in a team and contribute to a supportive work environment.
- Be excited at the prospect of joining and helping grow a small but ambitious company.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
- Demonstrate a positive “can do” attitude in all situations.
- Communicate effectively at all levels and present ideas clearly.
- Create partnerships and alliances.
- Build an environment of mutual respect and trust.
- Employ a team approach; recognise the balance of collaborating, leading and following.
- Take calculated risks; show courage and tenacity when faced with opposition.
- Plan, prioritise and focus on critical tasks.
- Remain flexible and positive during the continuing development of the company’s business.
- Celebrate achievements for self and others.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com