Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title – Apprentice IT Engineer
Company Name – ISL Technology Ltd
Address – WF16 0LS
Hours per Week – 40 hours per week (Mon – Friday 8:30 – 5:30)
Salary – £4.30 per hour
Please contact on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Established in 1992 ISL provides flexible IT support, first class IT project delivery and expert IT advice. We support small and medium-sized businesses throughout the North of England.
ISL partner and work closely with some of the world’s leading technology companies such as Microsoft, HP, Dell, Cisco, VMware and Citrix.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice IT Engineer with ISL Technology an IT Support company based in Heckmondwike.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Ability to use in house and online resources to troubleshoot error messages and unwanted behavior in equipment.
- Ability to be able to install RAM, hard drives, mainboards, etc. in a variety of equipment including laptops and small form factor PCs.
- To be able to use a verity of methods to take images of operating system, copy data and check its consistency. To be able restore images or to reload an OS and restore data.
- Confidence to liaise with customers via telephone, email or in person for the purpose of establishing accurately the problems they are experiencing; to accurately record logon information; to record software licenses and requirements.
- Ability to liaise with manufacturers and publishers. To be able to access Warranty information and liaise with the appropriate support department. To be able to log RMAs and follow them up. To be able to install and activate or reactivate licenses.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Ability to work in a team in an occasionally stressful environment.
- To be able to ask for help when needed.
- To be able to maintain a tidy and organized workspace.
- To make and maintain accurate records both written and digital.
- To be able to work unsupervised.
- To be able to manage your own workload.
- To maintain workshop stock.
- To be able to communicate clearly and pleasantly.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org