Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Company – M:M bio
Full Address –99 Park Drive , Milton, Abingdon, OX14 4RY
Weekly Hours Worked – 08:30 – 17:30 Mon-Fri.
Salary – £18,000-£20,000 DOE.
Please contact Rachel on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
M:Mbio is an enduring, commercially orientated drug discovery and development business who’s mission is to generate world leading next generation medicines for significant diseases through the strength of our team and continual innovation.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice IT Assistant with M:Mbio, a drug discovery and development company based in Abingdon.
M:Mbio are looking for an IT Apprentice Assistant within the business to help support the IT Manager with everyday functions within the business. The ideal candidate is someone who has a willingness to learn, a huge passion for technology and is wanting to pursue a career within IT. This role will allow growth within the business with very reachable progression for the individual, all whilst being given the opportunity to learn new skills.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Systems Development: Identify opportunities to develop and optimise our existing technical infrastructure, ensuring that it meets the needs of all users.
- Process improvement: Proactively seeking opportunities to utilise technology to streamline and improve business processes.
- Promote & Improve Information Security: Work towards applying industry best security practices to reduce the cyber risk to the business.
- Project Delivery: Work with the IT Manager to develop and progress IT projects across a range of technologies.
- User Service & Support: Follow up and monitor service and support calls logged with our external provider and in time, work alongside our external IT provider to deliver 2nd line technical support to our end users.
- On-Boarding: Assist with the IT on-boarding programme to ensure an excellent & seamless user experience for new starters.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- The ability to use your own initiative, be curious and to work unsupervised as required.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with an ability to work at pace
- Enjoys working as part of a high performing team to achieve a common goal with a can-do attitude
- A calm and professional manner with a flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Comfortable with continuous change.
- Familiarity with laptop and desktop builds
- Ability to remain calm in a fast paced and stressful environment
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Passion for technology with a desire to learn
- Desire to be challenged & undertake projects/tasks that might be outside of day-to-day remit
- Desire to keep up to date with the latest industry technology innovations
- Tact and discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Experience with some or all of the following would be an advantage
- Google Workspace G Suite or Microsoft equivalent
- Office 365, Zoom
- Office equipment
- Printers, network switches, Wi-Fi, AV equipment
Benefits of working at M: Mbio:
- To be able to earn up to a 10% bonus.
- 25 days holiday plus 3 day Christmas closure.
- £2,000 annual benefit allowance. This can be used for travel, gym membership, enhanced pension etc.
- 5% ER pension contribution.
- Medical insurance is fully funded.
- Healthcare cashback plan can be used to claim back costs from dentist, opticians etc.
- Hybrid working. Initially, we expect office attendance full-time until comfortable within the role.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/information-communications-technician
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org