Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Title: Apprentice Infrastructure Engineer
Company: Jensten Technologies
Weekly Hours: Mon – Fri, 9am – 5:00pm
Location: The Exchange, 5 Bank St, Bury BL9 0DN
Please contact Ciara.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
The Jensten Group was formed in 2018 following a management buyout of Coversure Insurance Services Group (CISG). It is comprised of a retail insurance division, Coversure, leading online insurance wholesalers, Policyfast, and the specialist underwriting business, City Underwriters Limited (CUL).
The business’s origins date back to 1986 when Coversure was established to provide communities with a good value, local insurance broking service using a franchise model. This provided insurance entrepreneurs with the opportunity to own and run their own brokerages while enjoying an umbrella of centralised support services. The business grew rapidly and today there are over 90 Coversure offices located throughout the UK.
Brief Job Description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer to join Jensten Technologies growing team.
Create effective and good working relationships with all departments to ensure that customer expectations are exceeded Create effective and good working customer relationships to ensure that customer expectations are exceeded, whilst maintaining strong partnerships with customer’s primary contractors
Ensure all requests are dealt with efficiently, ensuring employees have everything required in order to carry out their daily duties
Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the department and business
Responsible for the continuous improvement of policies and procedures as well as learning continuously and developing professional potential and ability
Support a safe working environment within business development through championing and encouragement of a safety first culture
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Provide 1st line support and technical assistance to customers and colleagues, on issues relating to; Phone lines, Emails, Windows applications Accuterm Graphical User Interface
- Respond to requests via phone and email
- Set up new users and disable expired accounts in accordance with the starters and leavers process
- Ensure all tasks are picked up, actioned, triaged, fixed or passed on to the relevant team.
- Administer the various back-office systems which facilitate the Insurance environment.
- Assist with any other task that the management may from time-to-time reasonably request.
An Infrastructure Engineering Apprentice will be interested in gaining the following experience.
- Windows 2003/08/12/16 Server OS Essential
- Suse Linux 11/12 OS (Experience with)
- Backup/Restore imaging technologies Essential
- Windows XP/XPe/7/10 desktop OS (Desirable)
- VMware 5.5/6/6.5 technologies (Desirable)
- PowerShell/VB scripting (Desirable)
- SCADA (Desirable)
- HP SIM/Openview monitoring tools (Desirable)
- Load balancing technologies (Radware desirable / Awareness of)
- Resource clustering (Awareness of)
- Network/Wireless/Routing understanding (Awareness of)
- Firewall technologies (Awareness of)
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Pro-active mindset
- Ability to work as single skillset knowledge source
- Adaptive focused thinking and strategy building
- Ownership to completion mentality
- Ability to work under pressure to strict time scales
- Strong customer focus
- Team player
- Good Analytical Skills
- Excellent telephone skills
- Excellent communication/written skills
- Good problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- Experience of windows operating systems and appliances
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word
- A willingness to learn new systems
- A collaborative and innovative approach to working
- Act with integrity at all times when working with stakeholders
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical IT training across a 13-15 month period before entering End Point Assessment. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Progress Management Coordinator who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Intro to IT Support
- Working in IT Support
- Stability & Resilience
- Testing & Problem Solving
- Intro to Networks
- Extended Networks
- Cloud Systems
Some of these modules may include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com