Fusion IT Managment
Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Title: Apprentice 1st line IT Engineer.
Company: Fusion IT Management
Full Address: Unit 3, 99 Birds Royd Ln, Brighouse HD6 1NG
Weekly Hours Worked: Monday – Friday between 8.00am and 5.30pm. The requirement is that you work 7.5 hours per day between these times with an unpaid lunch break of 30 minutes. Total hours 37.5 per week.
Salary: £11,000 PA
Please contact email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
From our base in Yorkshire, Fusion provides proactive IT support to clients across the UK and beyond.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an apprentice 1st line IT Engineer with Fusion IT Management a IT Support company based in Brighouse.
To provide excellent customer focused 1st line technical support to clients, assisting with a range of hardware and software problems via telephone and email.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Provide remote 1st line technical support; answering support queries via telephone or email to meet the agreed SLAs
- Maintain a high degree of customer service at all times for all support queries and adhere to all internal processes for Fusion and our clients
- Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with the issue and ensure the client is kept up to date if their case in on going
- Log all calls accurately in the helpdesk system and maintain full documentation allowing others to pick up if necessary
- Respond positively to all enquiries from clients and help them resolve any problems efficiently and accurately
- Escalate more complex service issues to your Team Leader if you are unable to assist
- Liaise with third parties as necessary to resolve any issues as they arise
Important Internal Relationships:
- Helpdesk Team Leader
- 1st/2nd/3rd Line IT Engineers
Important External Relationships:
- Clients and 3rd party suppliers
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Excellent telephone manner and face to face communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows desktop technologies (Windows 7/Windows 10)
- Experience using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
- Basic understanding of networking
- Experience with troubleshooting Remote Desktop Service and bespoke application environments – desirable
- Active Directory/Office 365 experience -add/remove change
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team, in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Confident to triage and troubleshoot as necessary
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communication Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org