Level 3 Software Development Technician
Full Address: Woodvale House, Woodvale Road, Brighouse, United Kingdom, HD6 4AB
Please contact Jack on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 3500 333
About the company:
Fentrack Ltd are an IT solution provider delivering made-to-measure software systems for the door and window industry.
We bring the experience and energy from many years working in global blue chip organisations into a friendly and informal working environment where we pride ourselves on understanding and delivering what our customers wanted, rather than what they asked us for.
Our technology includes individual solutions such as stock management systems through to complete seamless solutions for every aspect of the business from quoting/ordering through to delivery/invoicing. We utilise browser technology for office users and industrial handheld devices for factory and mobile users.
Apprentice Software Developers work closely with our existing team on all aspects of the software development cycle from 1st & 2nd line support to creating demos, updating documentation, designing new features as well as implementation and testing.
Due to the bespoke nature of our systems all employees spend time understanding our customers’ systems, and how they are integrated within their business.
All our software is developed using an agile methodology.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Building and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of our customer systems
- Documenting, demonstrating and training customers and colleagues on existing software
- Providing testing and code reviews for peers
- Releasing and supporting changes to live systems
- Creating new proof-of-concept and demonstration environments to support the sales team
- Learning the core programming languages, concepts and technologies used within FenTrack’s software. Each week office time is allocated for you to research, learn and demonstrate a particular concept, technology or language feature with the support of your mentor.
- Using your newly acquired technical knowledge to create larger and more complex software enhancements for code review and approval for deployment to live systems.
- Responding to support tickets/requests from customers and providing fixes or solutions.
The world of software is ever changing and we will provide training in all the programming languages and technologies that we use. We are very interested in any software you have written, particularly if this is in a non-academic context, e.g. for your own interest or in a commercial setting plus any examples of self-development that you have such as coding examples that you have found on google and taken further.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Software Development Technician, with training in how to:
- Implement secure code in appropriate languages of different types.
- Support the communication of software solutions and ideas to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Conduct a range of test types.
- Build scripts in line with work instructions for deployment into the relevant environment.
- Design simple software solutions to meet your requirements using tools and techniques.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com