Level 3 Software Development Technician
Trainee Software Developer Apprentice
NICHOLAS HOUSE, River Front, Enfield EN1 3TF
40 hrs per week 0900-1700
National Minimum Wage (for age)
Please contact Darcy on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Servicing Stop is the UK’s fastest growing car servicing provider with over 1,500 garages nationwide. The company differs from convention by collecting the customer’s vehicle before the service, repairs, or MOT – then delivering it back the same day. In addition to convenience, a recent survey found that on average Servicing Stop customers paid up to 60% less than those of the other leading car service providers.
The company was founded in 2009 by Oliver and Toby Richmond, and came to national attention when it featured on the BBC Television programme Dragons’ Den, with the brothers attempting to secure additional investment. Despite receiving offers of investment from three of the Dragons (James Caan, Deborah Meaden, and Peter Jones), the brothers ultimately decided to continue the development of the business independently.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Trainee Software Developer Apprentice
with Servicing stop, an automotive based in Enfield, London.
An exciting opportunity to work for the UKs leading platform for independent car servicing, joining their internal IT department as a Trainee Software Developer Apprentice. If you have an eye for detail, keen to learn and develop yourself within a small but busy team then this role is for you
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- To complete the Apprenticeship training programme
- Learn, engage & collaborate with software development projects & tasks
- Learn, engage & collaborate with software unit & module testing
- Learn, engage & collaborate with company’s IT task management
- Attending progress meeting with developers, designers and managers
- Organising and managing day-to-day tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Helping and supporting the rest of the team
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Software development or web development background
- HTML, CSS
- net Core
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Organised with a logical, methodical approach to work
- Strong team player with good communication skills
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Digital Marketer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Development in C#
- Software Development Context and Methodologies
- User Interface Design and Development
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Programming using Java
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org