Level 4 Software Tester
Company: LYNQ Ltd
Full Address: 8 Barnes Wallis Road, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 5TU
Weekly Hours Worked: Monday to Friday 9:00-17:00
Salary: £16,000 per annum
Please contact Jess on Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Since 2008, LYNQ has been commercially involved in the design, development, and deployment of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) software for manufacturing enterprises all over the world. Headquartered in the UK with offices and personnel in Australia, France, India, Poland, Portugal, Turkey and New Zealand, the company has established itself as a leader and provider of state-of-the-art solutions for manufacturing businesses.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Tester with LYNQ Ltd, a Technology company based in Hampshire.
We are looking for Engineering apprentices who have an enthusiasm and genuine passion for Computing and Technology. Working alongside the Test Manager, this is a great opportunity for you to continue your technology journey and become a brilliant software tester. You will be involved in the Quality Assurance stage of our software development process, ensuring software is reliable, fit-for-purpose and effective through a range of tasks and projects. You will be mentored and supported throughout your apprenticeship and will have opportunities to further your career with the company upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the applications under test.
- Design and prepare test plans and test scripts and conduct testing as appropriate.
- Liaise with stakeholders to expand test scenarios.
- Ensure all tests are to the appropriate standard, documented and reviewed prior to execution.
- Carry out exploratory, functional, non-functional, integration, performance, stress, usability, acceptance, regression and compatibility testing, documenting test results in the test management software.
- Ensure that all testing defects are logged in the defect management software.
- Maintain dedicated test environments to support test activities.
- Assist the support teams with client issues.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of educational content, provided to customers and partners via the support portal. Including what’s new articles, knowledgebase articles, product guides and whitepapers.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Good communication skills
- Confident in their own technical abilities
- Eager to learn
- A professional work manner
- Good work ethic
- Able to communicate and put forward ideas
- Able to ask for help when required
- Team player
- Mature nature
- Time management
- Hybrid/ remote working
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Paid charity days offs + paid jury service
- Contractual sick leave
- Employee assistance programme
- Career training and development (including company funded Role based Certifications)
- Company events
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Software Tester, with training in how to:
- Ensure that the software used within your business operates as intended.
- Design and prepare test plans and conduct software testing as appropriate to ensure your software is fit for purpose.
- Collect and interpret the results of testing and make appropriate recommendations.
- Understand the software lifecycle and apply software development practices.
- Document and report test results.
- Store, manage and share test data in a secure manner.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/software-tester
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com