Key Stage Online
Title – Level 4 Software Developer
Company – Key Stage Online
Full Address – 425 – 433 Stratford road, Shirley, West Midlands, B90 4AE
Hours: 37.5 a week
Salary – 12 to 15k
Please contact Tom Lindley on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
KSOL develops educational software and contents that allows teachers to monitor, teach and test a child’s understanding in key areas in primary and secondary education.
With the core value that every child deserves the best secondary education possible, KSOL promises a personalised 11+ teaching experience, assisted by only the most passionate and enthusiastic educators
Systems developed by KSOL cover online and face to face tuition.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Level 4 software developer with Key Stage Online based in Solihull
As an apprentice developer you will be involved in developing the next stage of online and face to face learning. You will be required to gather and implement new designs so an appreciation of graphic design is desirable.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
Key responsibilities will be:
– Developing New applications to service the business process of KSOL
– Analysing existing systems and incorporating changes that the business requests.
– Developing new systems using the .NET stack
– Developing new mobile applications
– Participating an implementing formal design and development processes in a small team.
Current applications are developed in c#, asp.net, asp, MVC and SQL Server.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Must have a demonstrable portfolio of applications that have been developed using .net.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work alone but also within a team.
- Eager to learn.
- Time Management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Highly organised and methodical
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Developer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Software Development & C#
- Software Development Methodologies
- Software Development Essentials
- Developing Software Using SQL
- Software Languages
- Programming Skills
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org