Level 4 Software Developer
Company: Otolo Limited
Address: London – SW19 3QL – Remote working
Weekly Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: 14,000 – 16k per year
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133500333
About the company:
Otolo is the new global community connecting people passionate for hospitality, on a mission to disrupt the way hospitality people develop, connect and grow their careers, with quality mentoring services for individuals and organisations.
Brief Job Description:
Estio Training have an exciting job opportunity for an aspiring Software Developer apprentice with Otolo in London. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with drive and passion to have great experience in an award-winning start-up. Otolo are breaking new ground in the exploding peer-to-peer learning & development space and at the same time on a social mission to rebuild the hospitality industry but supporting it’s people with mentoring, connections, support, events and more on our online platform. It’s a young team with a big mission and they will ensure you have time to learn and contribute to their activities, plus have access to mentorship and training and the possibility to gain valuable new experiences and skills.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Identify areas for modification in our existing programs and solutions
- Maintaining and supporting systems and improving the performance of existing software
- Performing trials, testing and quality checks to ensure strong functionality and optimisation
- Analyse user requirements
- Take part in software development activities
- Write and test code, refining and rewriting it as necessary
- Keeping up to date with the latest industry trends and suggest new ideas/methodologies for adoption within the team
Desired Skills and qualities:
- Ability to contribute new fresh ideas
- Hardworking and keen to learn
- Smart and presentable
- Motivated and focused
- Be willing to work collaboratively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work towards deadlines and prioritise workload
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C or equivalent (including English and Maths)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Progress Management Coordinator who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Development Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Software Development & C#
- Software Development Methodologies
- Software Development Essentials
- Developing Software using SQL
- Software Languages
- Programming Skills
- MTA Introduction into programming using Java
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com