Job Title: Software Developer Apprentice
Employer: Frasers Group
Full Address: Unit D, Brook Park, Meadow Ln, Shirebrook, Mansfield NG20 8RY
Salary: £15,000 Per Annum
Please contact Tom Lindley on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Frasers Group started as a small store in Maidenhead in 1982 and from there, grew to become a global powerhouse. We are now a collection of the world’s most iconic brands.
We’re reimagining retail and believe the higher the risk, the greater the reward. We’ve never been afraid to push forward and change the way the industry operates, diversifying our portfolio and elevating stores. We’re not sitting back – there’s no room for hesitation.
Finding the fearless.
We’re looking for candidates who see the possible in impossible; those who are open-minded and humble, not afraid to take a risk if it’s the best option for our business. Our people are passionate about the business and their area of expertise – whether that’s luxury fashion buying or business-to-business systems.
We’re aiming to become the international leader in sports, lifestyle, and luxury apparel retail, by offering our customers a range of iconic brands. Fundamental to our success will be providing a seamless experience for our brand partners. We are looking for a business-business (B2B) technical analyst to liaise with our brand partners, providing technical knowledge and assistance during the onboarding process for EDI, DropShip, and Marketplace.
If you’re looking for a fast paced, challenging, yet rewarding role where no two days are the same and would be interested learning how Frasers Group trades with the largest brands in the world, then this role will be of interest to you.
Working closely with our supplier on-boarding and IT teams, you will liaise with our brand partners providing technical knowledge and assistance. Other responsibilities will include:
• Provide technical guidance to our brand partners; advising on the operation of our core B2B systems and how these may be used to support their needs
• Setup and configuration of new clients
• Liaise with our brand partners, and internal stake holders frequently to ensure processes are running smoothly and address any issues.
• Support the development team with identification and resolution of system and reporting deficiencies
• Documentation of technical configuration and changes made
An opportunity like this at Frasers Group is for the fearless.
The potential is massive, the experience unrivalled. To be able to make the most of it you need to live and breathe our principles – you will:
• Think without limits and take the team with you
You will see the possible in impossible and will be open-minded and humble, not afraid to take a risk if it’s the best option for the business.
• Own it and back it
You will take pride in what you do with confidence, but not overconfidence. It’s important you take ownership of your decisions, stand by your convictions and reason with contradiction.
• Not hesitate and act with purpose
You will ask for forgiveness – not permission. You will be comfortable juggling multiple projects acting both decisively and instinctively without support from managers.
• Be commercial and customer-focused.
You will be creative and analytical, balancing big-picture trends and detailed commercial performance. You will have a forensic commercial mindset, always considering the commercial impact of any decision.
Essential Skills / Experience: • A learning mindset to acquire new skills and take on challenging work
Desired Skills / Experience: • Knowledge of various EDI standards: EDIFACT, TRADACOMS, XML
• Knowledge across the EDI message types: ORDERS, ORDRSP, DESADV, INVOIC
• Experience in working with FTP, sFTP, AS2, and other communication protocols
What we can offer YOU:
• Competitive salary
• Career opportunities and progression
• Ongoing training and development
• Office/Home working flexibility
• 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
• Great communication skills
• Adaptability to change
• The right attitude to progress your IT Career
• An eagerness to learn
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
• Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
• Software Development Fundamentals
• Software Development Context and Methodologies (Two Parts)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk