Smart Currency Exchange
Level 4 Software Developer
Apprenticeship Title – Software Developer Apprentice
Employer – Smart Currency Exchange
Full Address – 26-28 Hammersmith Grove, Hammersmith, London W6 7BA
Weekly Hours worked – 9am – 5:30pm, Mon to Fri
Salary – £18,000 per annum
Please contact Tom Lindley on email@example.com on 01133 500 333
About the company:
We are the Smart Currency Group, a group consisting of three core businesses – Smart Currency Exchange, Smart Currency Business and our sister company, The Property Guides.
We eliminate the risk in currency transfers and make the process smooth and hassle-free. We have been included
in the FT 1000 Europe’s Fastest Growing Companies 2017 and rated #1 for Money Transfers on Trustpilot.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Developer Apprentice with Smart Currency Exchange, a foreign exchange and currency provider based in London
As an apprentice Software Engineer you will play a key role in our core technology team. Your primary focus and main objective will be to support the development team in developing, testing and integrating software (written in C#, Vue.js, SQL and other computer languages) for a whole range of projects. The work will provide both challenging and stimulating working environment for the right candidate, who’s passionate about writing and delivering efficient code using good Software Engineering practices and learning about our business.
You will assigned to one of our Software Development or Data Engineering projects where you will assist the lead software engineer in running the whole software development lifecycle (SDLC): from requirements capture and business analysis through to development, testing and delivering software to several business units across the company. You will further assist the technology team in configuring and running various project management and data analysis tools and applications
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Follow and adhere to our ‘Smart Values’
- Embrace being part of a team
- Be open-minded and curious with a desire to learn and get involved
- Share your discoveries and knowledge with the wider business
- Be a team player who can build relationships and manage expectations
- Master effective communication with both technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels
Training and development
We are truly committed to the professional and personal development of our employees and we have every intention to support a permanent opportunity upon successful completion of your apprenticeship. You will be supported by an experienced member of our tech team, be exposed to the variety of projects we have in place and work closely with the rest of the company. This Level 4 apprenticeship scheme will enable you to develop on your technical skills and give you the necessary commercial practical experience to supplement your qualification
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English and Maths)
- A passion and motivation for Software Engineering and creating high-quality and resilient software
- Basic knowledge of C#/.NET, SQL and other computer languages for writing efficient, reliable and intuitive code
- An understanding and appreciation for the practical use of APIs. Working knowledge of API’s would be a huge advantage
- An engineering mind-set, with a curious and innovative yet structured approach to solving problems
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- Exposure to Data Management techniques – modelling, extraction, cleansing and manipulation – would be a bonus
- Attention to detail
- Punctual and driven
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive five weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Developer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Methodologies
- Software Language
- Developing Software using SQL
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org