Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice
Level 3 Digital Marketer
Title: Social Media Assistant
Company: Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice
Full Address: Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice, Cramfit Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S25 4AJ
Weekly Hours Worked: Monday – Friday 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £6.50 per hour
Please contact: email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Bluebell Wood is a home from home for families facing the toughest of times, with a comfy lounge and beautiful gardens. We’re always cooking up mouth-watering meals and tasty treats in the kitchen for families. There’s also plenty of fun activities for children to try, including soft play, arts and crafts, music therapy and much more.
While they’re staying with us, children have one of our eight bedrooms. If their family is staying too, then parents have their own room.
Every day, we need to raise almost £14,000 to keep our doors open, and only around 15% of our funding comes from government sources. Everything else is paid for by the wonderful work that our supporters do; whether they run, bake, leave a gift in their will or Brave the Shave.
We received an overall rating of ‘Good’ in our most recent inspection undertaken by the Care Quality Commission (CQC); and are proud that we received a rating of ‘Outstanding’ for being a caring service.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Digital Marketing Apprentice with Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice, a hospice based in South Yorkshire.
To assist the Communications Team in sourcing, generating and publishing social media content across Bluebell Wood’s social media channels.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Responsible for sourcing content for social media channels, including imagery.
- Write and schedule content for Bluebell Wood’s Facebook pages and groups under direction.
- Communicate effectively with those engaging with Bluebell Wood using social media platforms (replying to messages, liking and replying to comments).
- Researching social media groups across our catchment for Bluebell Wood to be a part of.
- Sharing Bluebell Wood social media content appropriately into other social media groups.
- Work with colleagues across the hospice on social media ideas and promotions.
- Work with colleagues in our Retail Team on social media ideas and promotions.
- Assist the Communications Team with other communications work where appropriate.
- Fully commit to the apprenticeship’s 20% off-the-job training requirements, completing a Digital Media-related course of study and all learning and development requirements of the role.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders, staff, volunteers, children, young people and families
- Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office packages (Outlook, Word and Excel) at a basic user level
- Good Interpersonal skills
- A confident user of social media channels with knowledge of different channels and their uses
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues from different teams to achieve shared goals
- Confident and assertive
- Have a passion and predisposition for digital communications
- Excellent timekeeper with good work ethic
- Cheerful and positive outlook and attitude
- A good negotiator and communicator
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Digital Marketer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Google Fundamentals/Analytics
- Content Marketing
- Principles of Coding
- Marketing Principles
- Digital Marketing Upskilling Toolbox
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org