Level 4 Network Engineer
Company – Redcentric
Full Address – Harrogate, Central House, Otley Road, HG3 1UG
Weekly Hours Worked – Mon–Fri 35.5 Hours
Salary – Depending on experience – £NMW apprentice – £15,660
Please contact Steph on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Redcentric is a leading managed service provider with a rich end-to-end solution portfolio covering the spectrum of Connectivity, Cloud and Collaboration, designed and delivered by our own highly skilled teams from our privately owned, UK based multi-million pound infrastructure.
Redcentric has annualised revenues in excess of £100million, more than 450 highly skilled employees serving over 2000 customers across the UK. With the IT landscape in constant evolution, Redcentric is built around today’s modern IT challenges offering application, collaboration, infrastructure, network and IT security services. Learn more about what we do on our website www.redcentricplc.com
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Network Engineer apprentice with Redcentric, an IT managed services provider based in Harrogate.
This role offers the opportunity to pursue an Apprenticeship in networking and security, as well as developing hands-on practical skills in a managed service provider environment. The Network Project Apprentice will learn how to deliver technical deployments of our service portfolio which include VOIP, IAAS, Cloud Based Services, WLAN, MPLS WAN, LAN, Security or combinations of all services.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Quality: You are accountable for the overall quality of your work through governance and validation to ensure that your projects are managed in line with the company’s standards, contractual commitments, and ISO accreditations.
- Initiate & deliver: You will assist in the technical delivery of small orders, configure and troubleshoot various network technologies and deliver to contract. You will work and shadow Junior Network Project Engineers on the delivery new projects. You will be responsible for the engineering build room through staging, upgrading CPE configurations, software and making sure network stock levels are maintained. You will also console all network hardware onto the company terminal server for engineers based in both Harrogate and Hyderabad.
- Communication: You will ensure accurate updates are provided to relevant internal stakeholders. You will ensure that any risks to delivery are identified, discussed and reported into your line manager.
- Wellbeing: You will often be called on to support and provide general assistance to other project engineers or project managers during times of need.
- Personal development: You will undertake a structured personal and technical personal training plan as part of your apprenticeship and agreed with your line manager.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Work experience within an IT or networking business, CCNA level in one or more following areas; Routing and switching, WLAN, Data Centre, Service provider or Security.
The ideal candidate will be a bright and enthusiastic individual who is dedicated to achieving great results, they will ideally have the following skills, attributes, and experience:
- An interest in technology, networking and IT.
- A commitment to learning and developing ‘on the job’
- Able to work independently to complete tasks and as part of a wider team.
- Organised approached with the ability to plan out workload and take responsibility for tasks.
- Professional, positive, confident, and friendly.
- Highly self-motivated
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Network Engineer, with training in how to:
- Install, configure and test network components, including optimisation and maintenance.
- Investigate, identify and resolve technical performance issues in networks.
- Apply the appropriate tools and techniques when securely operating and testing Networks.
- Acquire and analyse network performance data to monitor network activity.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/network-engineer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org