Level 3 Software Development Technician
Title: Junior Web Developer
Company: Insight Consultancy
Full Address: The Innovation Centre, 49 Oxford St, Leicester LE1 5XY
Weekly Hours Worked: 9am-5pm
Please contact email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Insight Consultancy are a busy Leicester based digital agency offering digital marketing services for a wide range of small business clients, including social media management and website design and development. We’re based on DMU campus in the Innovation Centre, a hub of lively business activity. Not one day is the same in our busy office.
We’re steadily growing company with huge opportunities for career development, if you have the mindset for personal growth. We are firm believers that salary should be directly linked to the level of responsibility taken.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Junior Web Developer with Insight Consultancy, a Marketing Agency based in Leicester.
The role would be to work from our Leicester office as a junior in a small team of remote and outsourced developers in a front-end and back-end capacity to create brilliant responsive WordPress websites for a wide range of clients. Projects briefs would be specified via a design mockup/wireframe and specification document. Our websites are built using a combination of custom HTML/CSS and a theme builder, so we don’t just adapt pre-made themes.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for the digital industry who will have the knowledge to propose the tools and systems we should be using in our web building processes to stay ahead of technological advancements.
You’ve got to be super organised as in such a small but busy team, you have to be on top of your own workload and take ownership of your tasks. A keen attention to detail is also vital.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Building custom, responsive WordPress websites (not just adapting a premade theme)
- Using plugins such as WooCommerce to add further functionality
- Browser testing your work so that it is optimised for all mainstream browsers and devices
- HTML5, CSS3
- Optimisation and speed testing
- Testing and bug fixing
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Server administration, domain names and hosting
- Structuring a site through taxonomies/Custom Post TypesKnowledge of WordPress integration with digital marketing tools such as Mailchimp, Facebook Pixel, Google Analytics, Heat mapping
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation
- Knowledge of User Experience
- Awareness of new or emerging technologies such as CSS Grid, Progressive Web Apps, AMP
- Possess a proactive attitude, going the extra mile
- Be presentable and punctual
- You must be passionate and eager to learn more about the digital marketing industry
- Have a close attention to detail
- Motivated and positive
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Development in C#
- Software Development Context and Methodologies
- User Interface Design and Development
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Programming using Java
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org