Level 4 Software Tester
Title: Junior ATM Test Engineer
Full Address: City West Business Park LS12 6LN
Weekly Hours Worked
Salary: 18,000 per annum
Please contact Ciara.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Cennox supports the world’s leading brands to deliver their complex projects. From nationwide installation services and technical hardware provision, to implementing security solutions, signage projects and branch transformation. Our people make it happen by taking personal responsibility and being flexible to get things done. Respect is another of our key behaviours. It means listening and promoting a positive image of Cennox. Together we show business sense by making sound decisions.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Junior ATM Test Engineer with Cennox, an Global ATM and branch transformation specialist company based in Leeds.
A fantastic opportunity has risen for a Junior ATM Test Engineer to join our busy ever-expanding business, working in a rewarding and challenging environment where the company’s needs are always evolving which also means using new and exciting technologies.
Based in our Leeds office, with occasional travel to other offices within the UK and internationally as required. The Junior ATM Test Engineer will be responsible for testing and building test automation for our various Self-Service Devices.
This position works typical office hours, however, there may be a need for occasional after hours and some potential weekend work where required. This is the ideal role for a candidate who has a keen eye for detail, ensuring all development work meets the required specifications and will also be passionate about delivering high quality work.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Robust testing of systems prior to implementation in accordance with testing and
- acceptance methodologies as may be required.
- To produce technical procedures and documentation for the applications including user
- To develop and maintain test scripts in accordance with testing and acceptance
- To investigate and reproduce bugs, issues and problems that may be identified and manage the corrections of these through to resolution.
- To undertake other testing or technology related tasks as may be reasonably required.
- Test and ensure the quality and resilience of all software delivered by the Development
Team using structured processes and methodologies.
- To test work as it is being developed by the team, and validate new versions of the software from both an end user perspective, and from a performance perspective for deployment within our environments.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- A proven interest in Software Technologies
- Understanding of traditional software life cycle methodologies and preferably iterative(agile) development methodologies
- Some understanding of test processes and methodologies
- Experience of working with Jira or Confluence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to estimate timescales and meet delivery deadlines effectively and accurately
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, whilst prioritising tasks and activities
- Can show ability to work on your own when needed, whilst maintaining contact and
integration with the wider development team and key business functions
- Ability to contribute to the development of the business, technically and culturally
- Ability to remain calm in challenging situations, managing expectations, and maintaining
- excellent communications
- Be willing to share ideas and explore new technologies
- Attention to detail and quality
- Self‐motivated and looking for a challenge
- Willing to improve technical skills
- Ability to communicate with the wider business, whilst avoiding over technical language
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Tester Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Software Development Theory
- Software Testing Tools
- Software Testing Concepts
- MTA Introduction to Programming Using Java
- Advanced Testing Concepts
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com