Berkmann Wine Cellars
Level 3 Data Technician
IT Support Technician
Berkmann Wine Cellars
104D St. John Street, Clerkenwell, LONDON, EC1M 4EH
Mon – Fri 9:00-17:30
£20k annual salary 10% bonus at the end of the term if they complete all their KPI’s.
Please contact Josh.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Our aspiration is to be more than just another wine supplier. We act as a valued partner, bringing our customers not only delicious wines, but also unrivalled service and know-how which enhance the success of their business.
We give support, advice and bespoke training to help restaurants, hotels and bars provide an unbeatable wine experience for their customers. By combining national buying power with local knowledge, we deliver competitive prices and unrivalled service across every region of the UK.
From our origins in the restaurant business, our unique scale and reach extends across all trade channels, bringing Berkmann service and on-trade flair into the retail environment.
With both the customers we supply and the producers we represent, our aim is the same: to foster proactive, long-term partnerships and create sustainable mutual success.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a IT Support Technician with Berkmann Wine Cellars, a Wine importer & Wine distributer based in London.
In this role you will be responsible for maintenance and monitoring of the company IT systems, ensuring proper operation and management of desktop and mobile devices; plus, monitoring of cloud and web solutions, including software and service licences; you will also be the point-of-contact for the daily handling of technical support issues and troubleshooting.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Work closely with the IT Manager to deal with daily IT requirements
- Help users troubleshoot day-to-day IT support issues
- Record, prioritise, address, track, and report on support incidents
- Ensure all users benefit from effective technology and resource access
- Provide basic instructional training to staff where necessary
- Assist with technical onboarding and offboarding of users
- Assist with automation and documentation of technical and business processes
- Assist in the disposal of end of life equipment and decommission devices
- Assist in desk moves and changes
- Ensure all users adhere to best security and operational practices
- Continually assess needs and requirements of users, and propose improvements
- Respond to onsite support needs in other offices
- Think strategically about how the IT infrastructure can be improved
- You will also have to retain a flexible approach to working cover with out of hours and occasional weekend work when required.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Experience in managing the Windows 10 Pro operating system
- Experience with Azure, Windows Server or Powershell would be a bonus
- Experience with Office 365 Platform
- Basic understanding of networking and network security
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Pro-active and well-organised
- Interested in technology and technology best practices
- Friendly and approachable
- Doesn’t get phased by a challenge, with a strong sense of initiative
- Keen on finding solutions as well as problems
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Data Technician with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Data Theory
- Excel Data Fundamentals
- Power BI Fundamentals
- Database and SQL Foundation
- SQL in Practice
- Specialism (Excel, R or Python)
- Statistics & Data Analysis Tools
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com