Level 3 Information Communication Technician
IT Support Apprentice
Company: NQC Ltd
Address: 24 Hood St, Ancoats, Manchester, M4 6WX
Hours: 9am – 5:30pm (37.5 hours)
Wage: £5.50 per hour
Please contact Ciara.email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the Company:
NQC is a successful and growing Manchester City Centre based software company
specialising in supply chain risk management platforms. Our online web platforms are in
use by some of the largest organisations across several industries including the UK
Government, the Automotive industry, and the Defence & Aerospace industry.
Brief job description:
Estio training has an exciting opportunity for an aspiring IT Support apprentice in central Manchester at NQC ltd.
- Set up and maintain the company’s network and infrastructure.
- Monitoring network security and resolving any issues that may arise.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with other colleagues
- Monitoring and implementing IT Security policies as agreed with the IT manager.
- To be able to deal with a demanding workload which may include conflicting demands on time.
- To be able to work on your own initiative and as a team member.
- To be able to create system processes where needed.
- To be able to create logs for all company assets e.g., work mobile phones.
- To be able to create and maintain work documentation to an acceptable standard.
In addition to the key role responsibilities outlined above, all staff are required to
undertake the following responsibilities in adherence with company policies:
- Be always an ambassador for the company.
- Maintain a high quality of communications internally and externally.
- Carry out any reasonable job-related task requested.
Implement and act in accordance with companies’ information security policies.
- Protect assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference
- Execute responsibilities in line with security processes or policies.
- Report security events or potential events or other security risks to the organisation.
- Treats security as a matter of high priority
- Accurately and urgently reports security incidents and breaches
- Remains motivated and takes initiative
- Obtains, checks, and understands all the available facts before drawing
- Systematically organises own work to meet objectives
- Suggests improvements to existing practice and how they could be made.
Essentials Skills and Experience
- You will ideally be educated to a A-Level or B-Tech level
- Relevant work experience is desirable.
- Experience in supporting and using Windows 7 / 8 /10, MS Office
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly motivated, flexible and committed attitude toward service delivery
- Drive, energy and initiative
- Professional approach
- Wiliness to learn and develop your technology skills
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Technical Trainer and Progress Management Coordinator who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communication Technician with training in areas such as:
- Functional Skills
- Introduction to IT Support
- Working in IT Support
- Stability & Resistance
- Testing & Problem solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Extended Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Chosen specialism – IT Support, Network or Digital Comms
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org