Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Title: IT Support Apprentice
Full Address: Unit C1, Crimple Ct, Hornbeam Square N, Harrogate HG2 8PB
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 pw
Please contact: Ciara.email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Techbuyer is a leading provider of refurbished server, storage and networking equipment. We’re one of the fastest growing firms in our sector and have 16 years of success behind us, revenues over £42 million, and locations in the US, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, Canada, with our head office here in Harrogate. We now employ over 245 people worldwide and we’re committed to providing you with a lively, industrious and knowledgeable environment in which you can progress and succeed!
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support apprentice to join a computer hardware manufacturer based in Harrogate.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Maintaining good relationships with team colleagues and managers
- Logging and resolving internal IT tickets via helpdesk system.
- Escalating internal IT tickets to senior IT Support Members.
- Identifying underlying problems attributed to incidents.
- Resolving issues on Windows 10 desktops and laptops including physical rebuilds and repairs.
- Microsoft based server management.
- Maintaining printers.
- MS Office application management.
- MS Exchange system management.
- Supporting branch office equipment remotely.
- Commissioning and Decommissioning of desktops and Laptops.
- End user training on new systems.
- As the company culture promotes helping others, ad hoc tasks may be assigned to the job holder that are not listed above
- The job holder is expected to understand and work according to the requirements of the Techbuyer Quality Management System.
- Solihull location, modern offices with great amenities
- Flexible environment (can work from home on occasion)
- Good remuneration package
- High levels of autonomy
- Opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects and technologies
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language, Maths & ICT)
- Able to communicate effectively
- Eager to learn with a passion for IT and technical skills
- Able to work in fast-paced environment with rapidly developing opportunities
- Able to work both independently and global support environment
- Team Player
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Stability & Resilience
- Testing & Problem Solving
- Cloud Services
- Introduction to Networks / Extended Networks
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org