Role: IT Technician Apprentice
Company: Teknicare Ltd
Address: 199 Godstone Road, Whyteleafe, Surrey CR3 0EL
Weekly hours worked: Monday to Friday, 08:30 to 17:00 (40 hours p/w)
Please contact Darcy Greaves on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
We are looking for an IT Technician, with previous experience, to join our small and fast-growing team. We provide out-sourced IT support to small and medium sized businesses. The office is in the centre of Whyteleafe town (Croydon) and in a short walking distance of two train stations (Upper Warlingham and Whyteleafe) with plenty of bus stops nearby.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Technician Apprentice with Teknicare, an IT company based in Whyteleafe, South Croydon, Surrey.
This role is ideal for someone who is looking to progress their IT career or an individual with IT experience looking to move to the next level. This role will mainly be office based with the opportunity to go out to visit existing and new clients.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Setup of PC workstations and peripherals, ongoing maintenance and ensure equipment is fit for purpose
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Assisting to maintain local networks in ways that optimise performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organise and schedule upgrades and maintenance
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems
- Maintaining IT register, in doing so identifying equipment requiring upgrade or replacement.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Motivated individual who is keen to grow and develop their IT skills
- Able to work individually and within a team
- Good communication skills
- Able to adapt and learn quickly
- Good at problem solving
- Motivated and positiv
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 IT Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- IT Essentials
- Security & Legislation
- Methodologies & Principles
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org