Prospere Learning Trust
Role: IT Support Apprentice
Company: Prospere Learning Trust
Location: Chorlton High School – Nell Ln, Manchester M21 7SL
Salary: £17,310 per Annum
Please contact Ciara Glynn on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
X3 positions available for this role.
The Salary is £18002 per year, this would be pro-rated for the term time working pattern so the actual annual salary would be £17,310 per year. You will join the engineer team who work term time plus 6 weeks per year (44 working weeks) and are paid for 50.14 weeks of the year but in annualised, equal monthly payments.
About the company:
Prospere Learning Trust was formed in September 2017 through the merger of two multi academy trusts. We currently employ over 850 staff and are passionate about providing exceptional education for children from any background so that they become happy, confident adults with excellent academic knowledge and qualifications. We believe that our staff play a vital role in achieving our vision. Great schools thrive because of the great people in them.
The Trust currently comprises of 9 schools, including 5 mainstream high schools and 4 special needs schools (both primary and secondary). We are a growing Trust, currently working in the South Manchester area but with further schools anticipated across Greater Manchester.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice with Prospere Learning Trust, a group of schools based across Manchester. You will be given a group of 3 schools to work at depending on your location.
Our IT team provides specialist support to schools, enabling us to provide an outstanding education for all children. We are recruiting three apprentices to join this team. You will be supported by experienced IT Engineers as you develop your knowledge and skills and complete your apprenticeship programme.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
• Being responsible for maintaining local IT infrastructure and supporting all aspects of teaching and learning, operational requirements, and administrative support, across each school and the Trust.
• Working alongside the IT Services Team in the provision and management of a comprehensive and responsive technical support service for local IT services and facilities by assisting users, overseeing the administration of accounts, and managing associated equipment.
• Supporting the development of technology for teaching, learning, communication, and administrative functions.
• Working collaboratively with all staff and parents/carers to support student well-being and promote the values of the Trust and each school.
• Assisting the IT Services Team to provide IT support to assigned sites across the Prospere Learning Trust.
• Under the direction of an IT Engineer / Service Manager, supporting the installation, maintenance, availability and security of the school’s network, hardware, and software.
• To monitor and respond to all tickets which are logged via the helpdesk across relevant sites. Initially resolving tickets with guidance from the IT Engineer but ultimately progressing to working independently and escalating only more complex tickets to the IT Services Team.
• To ensure classroom IT is maintained and ready to be used. This includes projector maintenance/configuration, interactive whiteboard connectivity and audio.
• To manage and assist as necessary in the setup of audio-visual equipment, as needed in assemblies, school performances, etc.
• To demonstrate and/or set up IT, media equipment and facilities as required by the school.
• Maintenance of staff devices, ensuring both software and hardware are working so lessons can be delivered.
• Maintenance of student devices. This will require termly checks on the iPad/laptop trolleys and IT suites to ensure they fully function for students to use.
• Ownership and maintenance of key day to day services, including but not limited to managed print hardware (paper/toner stocks and fault fixes) and software (PaperCut), access control (Inventry/Synel), WiFi guest access, CCTV systems, telephone systems.
• Managing and monitoring the schools e-safety/filtering software (Impero, LanSchool, Smoothwall), including checking and adding/removing websites from relevant staff/student filters.
• Ensuring new and existing accounts are working within the school’s local network.
• Being able to re-image any device using the school’s reimaging solution.
• Arranging the collection and delivery of repairable items.
• Keeping an accurate and up to date asset register and arranging for disposal of equipment as per WEEE and school procedures/policies.
• To support the staff in low level training which will help their knowledge and use of IT within the school, including Cloud services such as Office 365 and Google Classroom.
• To act accordingly and respond quickly to any abuse to the IT infrastructure.
• Providing cover/additional support at non-primary locations within the Trust as directed by the Head of IT Services
• To participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
• 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
• Knowledge of current Microsoft Windows and Apple client operating systems.
• Basic understanding of computer network fundamentals and computer components.
• Experience and knowledge with Microsoft Office.
• Ability to manage maintenance and repair procedures.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritise workload and operate without direct supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
• Enthusiastic and motivated.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional customer service orientation.
• Self-motivation and personal drive to complete tasks to the required timescales and quality standards.
• The flexibility to adapt to changing workloads demands and new school challenges.
• Personal commitment to ensure services are equally accessible and appropriate to the diverse needs of the service users.
• Demonstrates a collaborative, team working approach focused on improvement and supporting the vision, values, and objectives of the organisation
• Demonstrate a commitment to appropriate professional standards, including core policies relating to equality and diversity and child protection
• Demonstrate a commitment to maintaining and developing professional knowledge and skills
• Tact and diplomacy in interpersonal relationships with all stakeholders
• To be flexible and able to adapt and prioritise appropriately
• Effective staff motivation and development, including establishment of a positive performance management culture
Desirable: Committed to undertaking the apprenticeship course for the full term and actively participate in the training provided by both the Academy and our training provider
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Technical Expert who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 IT Solutions Technician Certificate with training in areas such as:
• BCS Security and Legislation
• BCS Core Technologies
• BCS Methodologies and Principles
• Hardware or Software Option
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com