Role: IT Support Apprentice
Company: Cranswick PLC
Address: Crane Court, Hesslewood Country Office Park, Ferriby Road, Hessle, East Riding of Yorkshire, HU13 0PA
Weekly hours worked: 37.5 Hours Per Week
Salary: £4.50ph – £8ph
Please contact Tom Crossland on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Cranswick are a FTSE 250 listed plc and recognised as being one of the best British food companies, with continued strong growth. We have invested over £125m in the last five years to ensure we continue to lead the industry. Supplying the UK’s top retailers, restaurants, and food to go chains with a range of fabulous products including fresh pork, gourmet sausages, cooked meats, air dried bacon, sandwiches, and savoury pastries as well as continental meats, cheese, olives and antipasti. Cranswick work very closely with their customers and supply a range of their own brand products.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with Cranswick PLC, a British food company based in Hull.
Reporting to the IT Support Team Leader you will ultimately, be responsible for assisting the day-to-day resolution or escalation of first- and second-line IT support issues. Including the following key responsibilities:
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Installing and configuring computer systems
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems such as FOPS, Microsoft NAV, SharePoint and IP networks
- Talking staff/team members through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults
- Finding solutions to problems, through creating a desktop shortcut or fixing a major fault.
- Replacing parts as required
- Providing support, including procedural, documentation
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Supporting new applications
- Responding within agreed time limits to support calls
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties/other team members, if appropriate)
- Prioritising and managing several tasks at one time
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with other professionals (e.g., Third part support) in order to make necessary repairs
- Testing new technologies relevant to users, site or projects
- To monitor and maintain the local IT infrastructure, including backups and key systems
- Working closely with team members from time to time to assist with projects or issues outside of your local site.
- Promoting and maintaining excellent lines of communication throughout the support team
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Professional and helpful telephone manor
- Technical troubleshooting skills
- Confidence learning new software programs.
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets skills.
- Live chat system experience.
- Approaching problem solving methodically and with attention-to-detail.
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Ability to remain calm in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong time management skills.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Desirable: Committed to undertaking the apprenticeship course for the full term and actively participate in the training provided by both the Academy and our training provider
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Technical Expert who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 IT Solutions Technician Certificate with training in areas such as:
- BCS Security and Legislation
- BCS Core Technologies
- BCS Methodologies and Principles
- Hardware or Software Option
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org