Role: IT Support Apprentice
Company: Convene IT
Address: 1A Sandham St, Chorley PR6 0RA
Working Hours: 37.5 p/w
Please contact Tom Crossland on Tom.Crossland@estio.co.uk or call 0113 350 0333
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice with Convene IT, an IT Support Company based in Chorley.
About the Company
Convene IT have over 15 years of experience in IT support services which means that they have extensive knowledge, quality recommendations and are up to date with all current systems and software. The company cover most of Lancashire including Manchester, Liverpool, Preston, and Blackburn, Burnley and surrounding towns and villages such as Leyland, Chorley, Euxton, Penwortham, Kirkham, Accrington and Clitheroe.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team with over with years of experience in IT support services. Convene IT expect a polite, personable individual who is willing to learn and start a career in IT providing exceptional support for their varied customers.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Answering support calls.
- Dealing with support issues remotely.
- Monitoring customer IT equipment.
- Working with Software such as: Windows Vista>Windows10, Server 2008>2012R2, Office 2007>2016 Antivirus, Backups etc.
- Working with Hardware: HP server, HP Printers, Lenovo PC’s, Laptops etc.
- Communicate with and support colleagues, customers, and suppliers in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of standard applicable computing disciplines including change, configuration, problem, performance, and operational management.
- Being Enthusiastic, Confident, Positive and Proactive is a must.
- Pleasant and friendly manner, empathy for customers.
- Ability to communicate to colleagues and customers of varying ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ambitious with an appetite to learn.
Advantageous but not required:
- Full UK driving license.
- Existing IT qualification at GCSE level or equivalent.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Technical Expert who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 IT Solutions Technician Certificate with training in areas such as:
- BCS Security and Legislation
- BCS Core Technologies
- BCS Methodologies and Principles
- Hardware or Software Option
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org