Level 3 Information Communication Technician
IT Service Apprentice
Holiday House, Ingram Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11 9AW
40 hours per week
£16,000 per annum
Please submit application via; Career Search (jet2careers.com)
As the UK’s second-largest holiday operator, Jet2holidays’ ATOL-protected package holidays and city breaks are more popular than ever! Over five million happy holidaymakers have enjoyed our 1,000s of 2 to 5-star hotels, along with return flights, transfers and a huge 22kg baggage allowance. At Jet2holidays, we’re all about great value AND great choice. We bring you over 60 sun and city holiday destinations across Europe, the Mediterranean, the Canaries and beyond.
Jet2.com is the UK’s third largest airline, flying from ten UK airports to more than 60 destinations across Europe and beyond. Since our first flight in 2003, we’ve grown our fleet and taken delivery of 34 brand-new Boeing 737-800NG aircraft. We’ve also sold more than 96 million seats! What’s more, we offer low cost flights with high class service – this is just part of the reason why we’ve won so many awards over the years!
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Service Apprentice with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, an Aviation based in Leeds.
The main purpose of the IT Services Apprentice is to provide outstanding customer service to our internal teams when they have problems/queries regarding IT whilst developing their own capabilities in role.
The role holder will either perform 1st or 2nd line support to users based at any one of our locations, across the UK and Europe. They will gain experience of working in our Servicedesk, Application Support, IT Admin and Operations teams, giving them a great grounding in an IT Services department.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- 1st and 2nd line support – analysing prioritising and assigning end user issues in the IT Support Desk System
- Troubleshoot desktops and servers for any hardware and software issues, troubleshoot network issues, troubleshoot user equipment such as iPhones, laptops, tablets.
- Troubleshoot application faults by querying databases, checking log files and reproducing issues
- Building, packing and distributing kit to our disparate user base
- Take ownership of faults and managing them in a logical and methodical manner, and follow up the status of issues on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner.
- Address IT issues by prioritising in response to customer service level agreements
- Administer security access requirements and permissions for stakeholders escalating as necessary for example password resets
- Create/disable user accounts and mailboxes, reset passwords, create groups, and assign permissions.
- Escalate all unresolved cases to 3rd line support and to suppliers and vendors.
- Contribute to new software rollout, hardware refresh, and network equipment upgrade.
- Have working knowledge of the network layout and configuration in use within the organisation
- Maintain and develop own knowledge and skills to assist with first time fault resolution.
- Share knowledge with team colleagues by publishing knowledge base articles, participating in training and upskilling.
- Apply the appropriate security policies to IT tasks in line with organisational requirements
- Install and configure relevant software and hardware as appropriate for example: mobile apps, printers, projectors, scanners and cameras.
- Documentation of processes and procedures for adoption within the department
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
What we’re looking for:
- Passes in GCSE English and Maths (4 and above/C and above in old grades)
- Excellent communication skills, organisational skills, and issues ownership
- Knowledge of core IT concepts – hardware, operating systems, security principles, etc
- Excellent listening and communications skills
- Willingness to learn
- Keen eye for detail
- Problem solver
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Good understanding of Service Delivery
- Competent with MS Excel and familiar with other MS Office products
These elements would be ideal, but aren’t essential:
- A practical understanding of ITIL principles
- Experience of working on a busy Service Desk and/or Contact Centre
- Experience in a technical role In return, we offer an excellent salary and benefits package with fantastic opportunities for progression in a growing business.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communication Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job please visit jet2careers.com.