Southern IT Solutions Group (SISG)
IT & Network Engineering Apprentice
Southern IT Solutions Group (SISG)
Troon House, 4400 Parkway, Whiteley, Fareham PO15 7FJ
37.5 hours per week during normal office opening hours (9.00am to 5.30pm)
[with commission packages available]
Salary : £13,500
Please contact Tom on email@example.com or call 0113 3500 333
About the company:
We are an IT Support & Consultancy Company based in Fareham and have been running since 2003. We offer IT & networking solutions to local businesses and home users across Hampshire and Dorset.
Brief job description:
You will be accountable in all aspects of maintaining and providing IT support to our business and home customers. This will include working on customer’s computers both within our office and by attending the customer’s premises. This involves prioritising type of fault by liaising directly with the client to obtain full details of the issue. You should work alongside the more senior technicians in ensuring that Netserve customers are given priority and dealt with urgency. This is to ensure that we maintain our service level agreement time periods.
As a Level 1 technician you should continue to develop your IT and customer service skills and behaviours by regularly benchmarking yourself against more senior members of the team. This should be achieved through not only through observation but also self-development, and any desires to attend additional training which would be of benefit to you and your role, should be communicated with the Technical Director. Likewise you should also strive to act as a role model for more junior members of the team, by providing support and guidance in both technical and customer services skills.
As a Level 1 Technician, your administrative skills should be good and therefore all jobs will be accurately logged within our ticketing software and ensure that customers are billed accurately with thorough descriptions of works completed. Whilst you will be working as a Level 1 IT technician, a main element of the role is delivering first class customer service. Therefore, you should strive to build on the customer service skills you already possess and be willing to deliver training to the other members of the team on customer services. In addition, you will be accountable for ensuring that new members of the team receive a thorough onboarding and ensure they are familiar with all aspects of the running of the business, from company procedures to company culture therefore making yourself available to them will be essential. You will also work closely with the HR Business Partner to perform training needs analyses and produce and deliver training courses for the team as a result.
There may be occasions when you will cover the roles and duties of Trainee Level 2 and Level 2 Technicians in the event of annual leave / sickness.
You will work closely with the other IT technicians both within Netserve, Backup Box and Home Computer Help, the IT Director and HR Business Partner, although most of the focus will be around solving the IT issues and providing our customers with a first class service.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Ability to analyse the information you are provided and offer a best practice solution
- Ability to ask diagnostic questions
- Ability to use good communication skills to update others
- Ability to converse professionally and calmly with customers and ensure we maintain good working relationships.
- Good time management skills.
- Administrative ability (updating ticketing system, creating invoices, Powerpoint etc).
- Ability to use systems to offer customers a consistent service and so do what you say you will do, daily contacts etc.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Word and Powerpoint
- Willing to ask others if you need help
- Passionate about IT.
- To understand the importance of good customer service and lead by example.
- An understanding of how downtime can affect the various departments within a business.
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, obtain information and provide solutions for a good range of technical problems.
- Ability to apply health and safety procedures within the workplace, including manual handling, fire awareness and hazard awareness.
- Familiarity with basic network troubleshooting, including setting up WIFI hotspots, diagnosing speed and broadband issues, replacing routers, creating network cables.
- Must possess the ability to work well within the Southern IT Solutions Group environment and align your behaviours with our core values [HOLR] Honesty, Ownership, Learning and Respect.
- Willingness to get involved and show a commitment to the company’s business strategy.
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Excellent team player and willingness to help others
- Excellent listener
- Friendly and approachable
- Professional and calm
- Helpful and considerate – ability to foresee problems before they arise.
- Desire to learn – we expect the candidate to volunteer to assist the team manager in more advanced IT projects, such as server installs, malware removal , data backup installs etc.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Network Engineer, with training in how to:
- Install, configure and test network components, including optimisation and maintenance.
- Investigate, identify and resolve technical performance issues in networks.
- Apply the appropriate tools and techniques when securely operating and testing Networks.
- Acquire and analyse network performance data to monitor network activity.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/network-engineer
To apply for this job email your details to Tom.firstname.lastname@example.org