Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Full Address: Flexible Working/Field Based – Colchester Area
Head Office: Kantar House, Westgate, London, W5 1UA
Weekly Hours Worked: 36.5
Please contact Jack on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Kantar is the world’s leading data, insights, and consulting company. We understand more about how people think, feel, shop, share, vote and view than anyone else. Combining our expertise in human understanding with advanced technologies. Kantar’s 25,000 people based in more than 100 countries help the world’s leading organisations succeed and grow. Nobody knows people better than Kantar. We provide insight and inspiration to help our clients, our people and society to create and flourish in an extraordinary world.
Our media colleagues are expert in understanding the changing media landscape. This includes audience measurement, consumer targeting and in-depth intelligence into paid, owned and earned media. Their global coverage and local expertise enable clients to better understand media audiences and their relationships with brands to optimise investment.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Field Technician with Kantar, a data analytics and brand consulting company, based in across the UK.
We are looking for field technicians; the ideal candidate will also have a driving license, flexibility of work hours and days, requiring some weekend shifts.
BARB (The Broadcasters’ Audience Research Board) is responsible for Audience Measurement in the UK, on behalf of the television & media companies and the advertising industry.
Viewing estimates are obtained from panels of households representing the viewing behaviour of the 68+ million households within UK. The panels are regionally representative of ITV & BBC. In each panel home, equipment is connected to all devices capable of receiving and viewing TV & Media content either direct via a TV or via streaming from the internet to tablets, phones and PC devices. By attaching cutting edge technology in the form of meters to TV & Broadband equipment We collect information about the programme, channel and device used by the panel member, to consume modern media. This information is collected and relayed to our data processing offices and teams, then used to derive ratings data for the BARB subscribers. Ratings data is provided 365 days a year.
Our Field Technicians are responsible for installing and maintaining the TV, Broadband and Software monitoring equipment in panelist homes.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
The Kantar technician is our representative in our customer homes and is therefore expected to be professional, courteous, and presentable always. The technician is also responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the data from the metering equipment and software in panel homes to:
- Install and maintain metering equipment and software in panel homes.
- Educate panel members in the correct use of Kantar equipment and software, metering devices.
- Remove Television and Broadband monitoring equipment from homes that wish to leave the panel.
- Store monitoring equipment in safe conditions when not installed in panel homes.
- Resolve or escalate any troubleshooting problems caused by monitoring equipment or software in panel homes.
- Provide accurate information to Kantar management, office staff & panel members as required, on field activity and equipment in panel member homes
- Accurately log and report all field activity and details of equipment in panel member homes
- Maintain accurate stock levels of metering equipment as required, returning excess stock to central stores.
- Maintain the company vehicle in a roadworthy, clean condition.
- Ensure SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) and project deadlines are satisfied within specific timeframes.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A wide-ranging technical skill set based around installation and configuration of domestic: television and connected equipment such as games consoles, Sky receivers, and other peripheral equipment used for viewing TV content.
- A sound knowledge of broadband and connected equipment such as Tablets, Laptops and phones is required.
- Technical ability to install & service the TV metering equipment. All equipment and metering are non-invasive, except for a cable plugged internally into SKY receivers. There is no requirement to open any other devices we monitor.
- A thorough understanding of the connection processes between a TV set and all connected peripheral devices is a requirement along with the ability to navigate menu systems on domestic AV equipment.
- Knowledge of configuring hardware and software on home networking, broadband routers, Tablet devices, Smartphones, Windows, and Apple PC equipment. Ability to use Microsoft Office 365 software.
- The ability to work without direct supervision to a high standard. The field technician will be responsible for arranging some appointments with panel members for service calls to designated households, and these must be scheduled to meet deadlines. A good degree of self-management is required with key administration and reporting having strict deadlines.
- Willingness to work as a member of a large team, which may involve overnight stays away from home at times to support the wider field force.
- Exemplary customer care skills. The field technician is the representative of Kantar in the panel members’ homes. Our equipment is only installed with the permission and trust of the panel members. It is essential that the field technician remains professional, prompt & courteous in all dealings with panel members.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Demonstrable experience of A/V systems and installations in domestic environments.
- Detailed knowledge of TV and peripheral technology, internet connected devices (tablets, PC,Smartphone, routers). A good knowledge of media connectivity methods.
- Ability to work unsupervised and remotely, making work schedules as required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer service
- Time management and scheduling
- Problem solver
- Ability to learn Kantar custom software management programs, including accurate data logging in these systems.
- Prepared to drive within the UK mainland and associated Islands.
- This may require overnight stays, therefore, flexibility to work away from home.
- A full driving licence with no more than 6 points (a company vehicle is provided).
- R.B check documentation.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment, and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal, and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/information-communications-technician
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com