The Barlow RC High School
Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Company: The Barlow RC High School
Full Address: Parrs Wood Road, East Didsbury, Manchester, M20 6BX
Weekly Hours Worked: Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
Salary: £12,500 With progression
Please contact Jess on Jessica.email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Dedicated to St Ambrose Barlow, a local Martyr and Saint, the school was established in 1985 as a result of an amalgamation of the Hollies RC High School for Girls and St Marks RC High School for Boys. The school is situated on a pleasant site in Didsbury, a suburb of Manchester and is easily accessible from the new A34 bypass and the M56 and M60 local motorway networks.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a IT Assistant Technician Apprentice with The Barlow RC High School, a High School based in Manchester.
To work collaboratively with all staff and parents in order to support student well being and to promote the five outcomes of Every Child Matters.
Under the direction of senior staff, to be responsible for providing general technical support to staff and pupils, including preparation and routine maintenance of resources and equipment.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- To support pupils in accessing learning activities as directed by the teacher.
- To ensure the maintenance of an orderly working environment within their area of the school.
- Timely and accurate preparation of routine equipment, resources and materials as set out in the instructions given by the teacher.
- To undertake basic record keeping as directed by the teacher.
- To assist the teacher with learning activities whilst ensuring the health and safety and good behaviour of the pupils.
- To provide general clerical and administrative support to the teacher in the relevant discipline.
- Under the direction of senior staff, to monitor and arrange orderly and secure storage of supplies.
- To carry out maintenance of every day equipment and to carry out routine checks in line with quality and safety standards.
- To undertake simple repairs and report any other damages to the relevant member of staff.
- To operate every day equipment in line with instructions.
- To be aware of new developments in areas of technology and new equipment.
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security and confidentiality and to report all concerns to an appropriate person as soon as they arrive.
- To be aware of and support differences in order to ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- To work as part of a team to support colleagues and contribute towards the overall ethos, work and aims of the school.
- To attend relevant meetings as required.
- To participate in training and other learning activities and performance management as required.
- To provide technical support outside of lesson time, for example, clubs and extra-curricular activities where relevant.
- To undertake personal development to improve own practice.
- To converse at ease and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Experience of general technical and resource support.
- Possess good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Interest in the relevant subject area and a willingness to understand its needs within a school context.
- Ability to use relevant technology for the specialist function.
- Ability to relate well to staff, pupils, parents and representatives of outside agencies.
- Good literacy and numeric skills to accurately complete and maintain relevant records.
- Ability to work as a team member, understanding school rules and responsibilities and your own position within these.
- An understanding of ICT applications or willingness to learn.
- Willingness to undergo minor first aid training.
- Willingness to participate in development and training opportunities.
- The role holder must have a command of spoken English which is sufficient to enable the effective performance of the role, including the ability to speak with confidence and accuracy and the ability to listen and respond appropriately dependent on the audience.
- Interpersonal sensitivity and concern when dealing with pupils, parents, and school staff.
- Self-motivation and personal drive to complete tasks to the required timescales and quality standards.
- The flexibility to adapt to changing workload demands and new school challenges.
- Personal commitment to ensure services are equally accessible and appropriate to the diverse needs of the school.
- Personal commitment to continuous self-development.
- Personal commitment to continuous school improvement.
- Willing to comply with the School and the City Council’s policies and codes of practice.
- Willing to consent to apply for an enhanced disclosure check to the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).
- Personal commitment to the school’s professional standards, including dress code as appropriate.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives people the opportunity to get experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communication Technician with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org