Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Company: Rickmansworth School
Full Address: Scots Hill, Croxley Green, Rickmansworth WD3 3AQ
Weekly Hours Worked: 08:00 – 16:00 Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 15:30 Friday
Salary: £4.81 per hour
Please contact Jess on Jessica.email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Rickmansworth School is a very successful partially selective, heavily oversubscribed, comprehensive academy in Croxley Green, Hertfordshire. They have a long history of excellent pastoral care where students are nurtured and, as a consequence, achieve fantastic outcomes which allow them to reach the destinations they desire.
Due to popular demand Rickmansworth School was expanded in September 2018. The school has undergone a major refurbishment programme including the construction of a fantastic new Sixth Form Centre, English classroom suite, specialist film studies suite including a cinema and a specialist theatre, drama studio which compliments the recently extended dining hall, refurbished swimming pool and first-class Sports Hall. They have modernised the Modern Foreign Languages faculty including the installation of a languages laboratory and the mathematics department, created new science laboratories, refurbished the music block and upgraded the school Hall. Rickmansworth School recognise that they are preparing their students for future vocations that do not necessarily yet exist and have pioneered the use of technology to enhance learning. Recently they have invested around £500,000 to completely refurbish our Innovation and Design Centre where students will use cutting-edge technology and equipment to explore robotics and future technologies. On site, they have a strategic estates plan to develop the whole school site and are constantly looking for ways to improve provision for all of our students.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with Rickmansworth School based in Croxley Green, Hertfordshire.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Assisting members of the school community via email, telephone and walk-
- Providing technical support and troubleshooting for all IT assets, including computers, systems, software, cameras and classroom AV.
- Proactively completing technical support tickets via the relevant system and escalating them when
- Ensuring client
- Supporting technical queries in relation to the school’s 1:1 Chromebook BYOD
- Completing AV setups for presentations and meetings as
- Logging all technical faults via the appropriate
- Performing frequent checks on antivirus and e-safety platforms, escalating issues to the relevant
- Maintaining all IT assets, including computers, software and classroom
- Installing new equipment and
- Managing and ordering stock of consumables, including cables, printer inks and projector
- Complying with health and safety
- Undertaking available training opportunities and demonstrating a commitment to continuous
- Completing tasks as may reasonably be required by the IT Systems or Network
- Ensuring correct protocol is followed at all times and contributing to the improvement of existing
- Demonstrating a flexible approach to work and prioritising tasks to support the needs of the
- Working approximately three evenings or weekends per year to facilitate out-of-hours maintenance and event Time off in lieu will be provided
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and achieve deadlines.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people.
- Ability to work as part of a proactive team as well as on your own initiative.
- Ability to stay calm and controlled under pressure.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to help students in the learning and support process.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org